The player who left thread | Page 540 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Stupid twat has been spouting off to the Telegraph how he nearly signed for Man Ure but it wasn’t going to happen, so he went in with his dog to see Purslow to sign a new contract (with a clause).

Highlight of the night for me was him falling into the dugout. Shame he didn’t injure himself, that would’ve been Hilarious

Those that clapped him like performing seals need to have their heads looking at. He shunned us and even though we got good money for him, it is only payback for what the club invested in him over the years.
He comes out yesterday to say he nearly left the year before to go to Manure, so played a year for us on the bullshit of "my team, my home".
He left us for Abu Dhabi and has said some derogatory things since. The club stood by him with his boozing, hippy crack, lockdown breach and pissed up driving and he showed no gratitude. Congratulating him by clapping is like thanking a girlfriend for all the bedroom olympics even though she left you for a guy with a bigger phallus.
An odious, duplicitous halfwit who deserved the boos and it was a pity that there weren't more.
I applauded him because I'm an adult, this is football, and I won't be told how to behave by your good self or anyone else. I can't stand the small-time mentality that feels so threatened and emasculated by a piece of sports business. I've been going over 50 years - long before this sky-driven personality bollocks and he's among the best I've seen.

I'm sick to death of hearing and seeing blue ticks on Twitter and journalists telling me and other Villa fans how we should respond to JG.

If I want to boo him then I will so f**K right off and mind your own business.

Now we have played them I've moved on and I don't give a shit about Grealish or the oil people......It's Aston Villa for me and that's enough to be getting on with.

Last edited:
I applauded him because I'm an adult, this is football, and I won't be told how to behave by your good self or anyone else. I can't stand the small-time mentality that feels so threatened and emasculated by a piece of sports business. I've been going over 50 years - long before this sky-driven personality bollocks and he's among the best I've seen.

Fair play Lew.

As i said a few times before the game. Fans should do what they chuffing well want and not be criticised either way. Baffling why anyone gets wound up over this whichever side of the fence you are on.

And I've been going for over 50 years as well and not a 'Sky-driven' supporter. Life is about opinions and I am entitled to mine in the same way that you are. He may be one of the best that we have seen without doubt - I am not questioning his ability but I am questioning his morals and principles. If you are contemplating the moves that he made then you keep them to yourself. I have moved jobs in the past but never once did I pledge my allegiances to an employer in the way he did and then go out publicly and denigrate them after the move - it is all about keeping your counsel and acting responsibly.

And I've been going for over 50 years as well and not a 'Sky-driven' supporter. Life is about opinions and I am entitled to mine in the same way that you are. He may be one of the best that we have seen without doubt - I am not questioning his ability but I am questioning his morals and principles. If you are contemplating the moves that he made then you keep them to yourself. I have moved jobs in the past but never once did I pledge my allegiances to an employer in the way he did and then go out publicly and denigrate them after the move - it is all about keeping your counsel and acting responsibly.

I'm with you mate, I booed every touch the slimy chav doubled eyed two-faced tosser did.
I also think he's the most skilful footballer to ever wear the Villa shirt. He would have been a club legend like Brian Little but he's shit on us just when we were on the up.
I certainly could have ignored him but clapping him like some performing seal when my team are losing to the most hated team in England, not for me Jeff

The comments on social suggest the VTID chants were in solidarity to YKW.

I just want to get clarity with others, they weren’t were they? If they were, they would’ve been followed by a “super Jack” rendition surely.

They were very much (from my perspective) telling Jack some of us are Villa til we die, unlike his bollocks PR would have you believe.

I just want to get clarity with others, they weren’t were they? If they were, they would’ve been followed by a “super Jack” rendition surely.

They were very much (from my perspective) telling Jack some of us are Villa til we die, unlike his bollocks PR would have you believe.

Spot on Dan that's what I thought but seeing some people standing up clapping him like some returning war hero perhaps we are wrong. Perhaps we are in awe of Man City.
I noticed City fans booed Ash just because he played for united, now that's small time

That's how I read it as well.

I thought it was the perfect response although the irony will probably be lost on him.

Spot on Dan that's what I thought but seeing some people standing up clapping him like some returning war hero perhaps we are wrong. Perhaps we are in awe of Man City.
I noticed City fans booed Ash just because he played for united, now that's small time

The only time I heard them sing was a song about Gerrard as well !!!.

On a side note, I actually thought the City fans were surprisingly decent first half but it’s easy when you’re winning and comfortable. Quiet second half though

Think you are probably right on that. I also thought a lot of the clapping for him was only being done to counter the boos. A few piss taking songs was all it needed really

They were most definitely not solidarity.

Nope, no way, nein, non, nop.

Think you are probably right on that. I also thought a lot of the clapping for him was only being done to counter the boos. A few piss taking songs was all it needed really

Oh yes there's a woman in front of me who always claps anything I don't like, used to make a big show if Hourihane very did anything good and made a point of standing up and Clapping Jack because I was giving him dogs abuse. I think the clappers would have sat on their hands if everyone did but I'd have booed him regardless. I think he's brilliant but he's a shit end of, not sure if he's gone to Bayern or Real I'd have booed him as I perceive those as proper big clubs .
Makes me out to be a hypocrite but I'm guessing many feel te same