The player who left thread | Page 538 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

The way it's going for him at Man City we might be seeing him back sooner rather than later.

I guess Newcastle Arabia could blow us out of the water financially were he to leave MCFC. I doubt he'd want to go up there though.

I'm not sure I'd welcome him back because I don't want us to be seen as a 1 man team again.

As far as tomorrow night goes it's probably for the best if he doesn't play.

Last edited:
Now that the dust has settled a little bit. Do you reckon there will be any JG chants going on during or at the end? It'll be interesting to see. For me he's just a City player now, however I wouldnt boo him and if anything I would give him some applause, he has worked us wonders over the years and got us a big payout.

Agree about Gareth Barry and in general that was the last "era" in which I got invested in players and managers. I was gutted when Barry left and disappointed how O'Neill ended. These days I don't get too worked up over personnel and I won't be changing that for Grealish. I hope he gets a warm reception and light applause and we move on because I actually think he would get off on it if we gave him abuse as if he is really that big of a player.

I personally hope he gets a decent reception.
It's always a bit embarrassing booing ex-players.
(Maybe there is the odd exception!).

Didn't like the way he talked in interviews after he left but, meh,
I'm not that bothered either way, but would rather the focus be on the game in a positive way than sending vitriol his way.

Sounds like he's not going to be fit in any case—good news for us if so.

Now that the dust has settled a little bit. Do you reckon there will be any JG chants going on during or at the end? It'll be interesting to see. For me he's just a City player now, however I wouldnt boo him and if anything I would give him some applause, he has worked us wonders over the years and got us a big payout.

No, and he doesn’t deserve it. He has been classless since he left, the video tribute was cringeworthy and every interview he has put his foot in it. In a few years when the truth starts to come out, I reckon people’s view of Jack will change as I’m convinced he has wanted out for years (that’s my opinion of course). And that’s before we get on to his conduct at times as an employee.

It’ll be a marmite reception tomorrow, I reckon the majority will be anti-JG rather than pro, despite the majority of the social media comments being more positive.

Time could’ve been a healer had what he said and done post the transfer been positive, but I can’t stand all this bollocks like when he says he’d like to return to the club like Ash, and worse, still using the “my club” line.

Fuck off, it’s never been his club in the way he implies it, I’ve read comments today from foreigners claiming he was “Mr Villa”. It’s our club, the loyal fans of which we have both quality and quantity. We allowed him a platform to develop and express himself, we gave him the leadership and responsibility he craved. We owe him nothing, he has mutually benefitted from having too many things his way.

I think the guy is a massive tosser. I never liked his personality and how he conducted himself off the pitch, consistently making stupid decisions and at times he made the club look bad. I glossed over this because he was our best player.

Be that as it may he was a great player for us and I don't doubt his support for us, maybe one day he will grow up but he seems to an even bigger prick off the pitch these days. I'm also half glad it's not really working out for him at City.

Despite this though I'd never boo a former player, it's just too childish a thing to do.

Every time he opens his mouth, he provides further evidence that he is a prize idiot. Glad he's gone, embarrassed our club many times, don't ever think about coming back, you are now soiled goods & we don't want you back. Made your bed, lie in it!!!

Every time he opens his mouth, he provides further evidence that he is a prize idiot. Glad he's gone, embarrassed our club many times, don't ever think about coming back, you are now soiled goods & we don't want you back. Made your bed, lie in it!!!

I think this is strong tbh. But as I keep saying this week doesn’t matter either way what people think of him. All is fair in love and war.