The player who left thread | Page 539 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

So he was close to signing for Man U just before the my club my city bollocks. Jack when in a hole stop digging STFU. I will not boo him though as i will never boo a Villa team or player, past or current. Ref,s are fair game though.

Smith did say after the Burton Albion cup game around august 2021, that the reason he stayed was that bids didn’t come in for him.

He’s wanted out for years, he’s never wanted to do a Totti - whether we were championship or pushing for Europe, he’s always wanted to jump to the top. On a professional level, I get it. On the emotional connection level, it’s all patronising, PR bollocks in my eyes.

https://www.football365.com/news/jack-grealish-aston-villa-no-bids-received

Smith did say after the Burton Albion cup game around august 2021, that the reason he stayed was that bids didn’t come in for him.

He’s wanted out for years, he’s never wanted to do a Totti - whether we were championship or pushing for Europe, he’s always wanted to jump to the top. On a professional level, I get it. On the emotional connection level, it’s all patronising, PR bollocks in my eyes.

https://www.football365.com/news/jack-grealish-aston-villa-no-bids-received

Well he had always admitted he wanted to play at the top level and compete for the Champions League. We are nowhere near that and probably wont be before Jack is hanging up his boots

So he was close to signing for Man U just before the my club my city bollocks. Jack when in a hole stop digging STFU. I will not boo him though as i will never boo a Villa team or player, past or current. Ref,s are fair game though.

I think he's just a bit thick and has no comprehension of how he comes across and doesn't think twice about anything he says or does. He's already acting like a prat in Manchester and jeopardising his big move. Maybe it's the effects of checking your bank account at the end of each week and seeing another 200 grand has gone in.

I think he's just a bit thick and has no comprehension of how he comes across and doesn't think twice about anything he says or does. He's already acting like a prat in Manchester and jeopardising his big move. Maybe it's the effects of checking your bank account at the end of each week and seeing another 200 grand has gone in.
Said before, a lad I play golf with was on Villa's books growing up and YKW was a year behind him - when I asked him all he said was "total cock". The lesson here is: once a cock, always a cock I'm afraid - at least he isn't our cock anymore :ROFLMAO:

Nice player though, always loved how he glided past players, slid balls into the path of others etc. etc. I think what we saw on the football field (albeit in fits and starts due to injury, form etc.) slightly outweighed the off-field shite. Now we no longer have to make excuses for him.

If he starts, he'll get booed every time he touches the ball, all game long. If he comes in as a sub, there'll be a mix of boos and cheers, and booing when he touches the ball.
The best thing to do is not boo him, IMO. It'd be negative energy in the midst of positive energy going around Villa ATM. Counterproductive.

He has his faults outside of football but I wouldn't be unhappy to see JG back at the Villa provided he can still play well and would bring something to the team. However, most certainly not back for any sentimental reasons that he may harbour if he is unable to perform well?

After reading for and against regarding him (particularly danvilla2) I've been swayed to change my mind and as far as I'm concerned he can..........

Last edited:
Can somebody let me know the reaction that Greasy got last night?

Mixed. Few boos and a few claps. I think if we'd been 3 or more goals down he'd have been booed out of the place.

There was a near constant and deafening chant of "Villa till I die" from the moment he stripped out of his training gear and was waiting to come on till past the final whistle.

The reaction was perfect. I thought he was going to get it big time, but it was more constructive with the atmosphere in the home ends really good and pro our players, and as JW says, I’ve never chanted VTID so vociferously as I did last night.

I didn’t get the claps pro him when he came on when he plays for a different team but each to their own.

I didn’t stay a minute past the whistle, did he go towards or salute the Holte post game? As I got out I could hear another rendition of VTID.

Those that clapped him like performing seals need to have their heads looking at. He shunned us and even though we got good money for him, it is only payback for what the club invested in him over the years.
He comes out yesterday to say he nearly left the year before to go to Manure, so played a year for us on the bullshit of "my team, my home".
He left us for Abu Dhabi and has said some derogatory things since. The club stood by him with his boozing, hippy crack, lockdown breach and pissed up driving and he showed no gratitude. Congratulating him by clapping is like thanking a girlfriend for all the bedroom olympics even though she left you for a guy with a bigger phallus.
An odious, duplicitous halfwit who deserved the boos and it was a pity that there weren't more.