The player who left thread | Page 470 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Everything you say here is accurate Deano and the players cited left to go to elite clubs.

There is one possible difference here though and that is NSWE want Villa to be an elite club (again?) and that is somewhat hampered if you go around selling your best players. I think that is why this debate has been so much of 'will he, won't he' as it really does put the club on the cusp.

I think this is the main problem for me at least, the timing. Feels like we're on the up and everything is positive, had he went last summer or when we were in the Championship it would have been different.

Having said that, if he does go, there are quality players coming in, and having to rely on one player was never going to last.

Everything you say here is accurate Deano and the players cited left to go to elite clubs.

There is one possible difference here though and that is NSWE want Villa to be an elite club (again?) and that is somewhat hampered if you go around selling your best players. I think that is why this debate has been so much of 'will he, won't he' as it really does put the club on the cusp.

I agree NSWE is the wildcard factor, Wes Edens in particular can point to the Milwaukee Bucks too.

Grealish and more importantly his agent can't sit there and say they have no proven record or track record in winning or making a smaller side the best in their realm. The Bucks hadnt won a title in almost 50 years, they're an expansion team too and definitely not a team many would even know outside the US.

I agree NSWE is the wildcard factor, Wes Edens in particular can point to the Milwaukee Bucks too.

Grealish and more importantly his agent can't sit there and say they have no proven record or track record in winning or making a smaller side the best in their realm. The Bucks hadnt won a title in almost 50 years, they're an expansion team too and definitely not a team many would even know outside the US.

Listen to the latest Vital Villa Podcast. Gives really interesting insight into Wes and Nas and their ethos and what happened at the Bucks.
Hard not to believe we are in great hands tbh.

I'm convinced now that Jack is staying. He'll sign a new contract with us in the next few days and become an extremely rich young man.

All he had to do to double his money was to keep his mouth shut.

He gets roughly 10m a season as it is, something tells me the lad isn’t strapped for cash 😂

they managed to hold onto their star player and talisman and won the championship. Lets see if it can be replicated here. Losing Grealish would be much more than about losing one player.

I think this is the main problem for me at least, the timing. Feels like we're on the up and everything is positive, had he went last summer or when we were in the Championship it would have been different.

Having said that, if he does go, there are quality players coming in, and having to rely on one player was never going to last.

Personally I'm thankful that he got us back into the Premier league and has helped put us on a good footing.

I'd have been more gutted had he left us languishing in the championship.

Jack must be torn in different directions over this saga. As a lifelong Villa fan, and knowing no other working environment, the urge to stay and drive us to greater heights must be very strong On the other hand the temptation to go for instant success and the prospects of national and international recognition and trophies must be a strong motivating factor. I don’t think money is the major factor since we’ll match anything Man. City can offer.

Here comes the Sky bullshit show with more made up nonsense.

Horendous isn't it. That car van solly cauli and Dar man chef are two of the biggest chancers of any profession ever... Even more so than Kienan Davis.

They just wake up in the morning, pick a name out of a hat and a club out of another hat then spout bollocks about "sky sources".

Fucking Highwaymen!

But the consequence of signing that new contract last year is that it has increased his transfer value this summer. It’s the time value of money principle.

I know it seems frustrating but whether he stays or goes signing a contract last year was on balance good for AVFC. So on that element of the point he did villa a solid.

Context , he said that as he signed his new 5 year deal which has 4 years to run. The owners have invested massively. If he's turning his back on the project and don't tell me he wouldn't understand the damage it would do then he's let the club down massively in my opinion. Let's see

Someone on twitter has echoed my thoughts, in that I'm concerned the media team haven't said anything specifically about Jack coming back... usually a post with "Welcome back captain", training videos etc. Nothing.

He has also posted nothing on his socials.

I can only assume he is literally in two minds.

He’s just stating what the protocols are “if” a bid has been made and “if” it has been accepted. Don’t think he’s pretending to be ITK…….my take on how it’s worded.

gotcha... you could well be right my good man