The player who left thread | Page 468 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

The longer this drags on, the more I'm leaning towards him going. Surely staying/ new deal could be wrapped up much quicker than any city deal/negotiations in the works.

Hope I'm wrong.

I don't think you are wrong. If Jack wanted to stay at Villa it would have simply been a case of him saying so and signing this alleged new contract. The fact that this hasn't happened and it is dragging on suggests that he wants to leave and we are negotiating hard with City. I think we might wait until Bailey is finalised before we let him go for the medical etc but that's about it.

Didnt Levy do the same with Berbatov though. Left ManU hanging on until deadline day to finally get it agreed. Gives him an excuse not to spend any money as well
Berbatov was supposed to be going to Man C. ManU were waiting at the station and has he got off the train the rushed him off to OT. Levy kept insisting they had no right to talk to him because they had agreed with Man C. Levy then screwed as much out of Man U with threats of taking them to the FA.

Pictures on website of 2nd day training doesn’t show Grealish in any of them, love him to stay but think he’ll go …. Hope I’m wrong . He’s had his head turned during the Euros unfortunately , send the wrong message to all our star players , press will start on Watkins ne…

He was there but seemed to be getting treated for blisters on the sidelines most of the session. God knows what he's been up to in mykinos

I don't think you are wrong. If Jack wanted to stay at Villa it would have simply been a case of him saying so and signing this alleged new contract. The fact that this hasn't happened and it is dragging on suggests that he wants to leave and we are negotiating hard with City. I think we might wait until Bailey is finalised before we let him go for the medical etc but that's about it.
It could be that his agents are finalising his new contract and then he can be pictured signing it. His agent is on a win win. If signs a new bumper contract with us his agent gets a big fat cheque, if he goes to Manc same.

This is F'ing sicking by these mongrels .
Jack's gf was trolled with some harendous tic toc and Instagram threats to her .

I know it's the current bun but it just still f'ing stinks .

THE girlfriend of England star Jack Grealish has revealed she was sent 200 death threats a day during the Euros. [b/]

The girlfriend of England star Jack Grealish revealed: “They said, ‘I hope you get cancer and die’ or ‘I hope your whole family dies’.
“They say, ‘I hope the next time you’re in the car you crash it and die, I hope after Wembley you die’.”
Model Sasha, 25, found herself bombarded with hate during the Euros while she was cheering on Jack, 25, and his Three Lions teammates.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15761377/jack-grealish-girlfriend-death-threats-euro-2020/

It's a disturbing read when you think that mainly young people use those media platforms and how mentally unstable are they to post that sh*t .

Mings needs to have a chat with our jack about just plodding on and never dropping you're smile .

The problem is, people are absolutely thick as pig sh1t. And with zero intelligence, comes zero forethought. Add an impersonal, often anonymous social media platform into the mix and you get this kind of sick abuse.

Do I actually think they want her dead? Absolutely not. And they wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life. But they also have no thought for the damaging consequences. Wrapped up in their own, selfish, ignorant, unintelligent world - a part of being a compassionate intelligent member of society is being reasonable, and to have the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes, these f**** idiots are incapable.

The longer he doesn't sign this new deal the more I'm convinced he's turning his back on us. Be very disappointing if that's the case especially all the smiling and interacting with fans last few days , perhaps he's playing hard to get to get higher wages at the arabs

It so doesn't.
You could easily flip this tbe other way and start off by saying.....f he wanted to leave it could simply be a case of him.saying so ......

Fascinating this thread for the half empty half ffull mentality and how people think.

The longer he doesn't sign this new deal the more I'm convinced he's turning his back on us. Be very disappointing if that's the case especially all the smiling and interacting with fans last few days , perhaps he's playing hard to get to get higher wages at the arabs

Errrr.

The longer he doesn't sign.for citeh....

Lol. Seeing what I have just said above.

And what is it supposed to do with the fans not speak.with them?? . Ignore 12 year old kids???.
Can imagine your response then.

Honestly there are grown adults on here that act like babies or even worse have a holier than thou attitude that criticise literally anything and everything anyone does as if they never make a mistake or do anything wrong themselves.

Last edited:
It so doesn't.
You could easily flip this tbe other way and start off by saying.....f he wanted to leave it could simply be a case of him.saying so ......

Fascinating this thread for the half empty half ffull mentality and how people think.

Well, it clearly confirms no deal was done in February or ahead of the Euros or ready to be signed after the Euros finished.

It also confirms we haven't already accepted a bid as some have claimed in the press.

The best players have signed for the best clubs since the dawn of football. It's how it's always worked.

I think using phrases like 'turn his back on the club' and saying he can't really be a fan is just childish.

Should Ronaldo have stayed at Sporting? Rooney at Everton? Maradona at Argentinos Jnrs? Zidane at Cannes?

It's inevitable that elite players want to play for elite clubs and win trophies and I don't think you can really blame them.

I think most of us on here over the years have said Kane needs to leave spurs to fulfill his potential. Whats the difference with Jack?

Will be gutted when he leaves but got to fully respect the decision.

I have to agree. Nobody can blame Jack for wanting to test himself at a higher level but I can't hide my disappointment at the timing when you consider where Villa is now as a Club. He stuck by us through years of relegation battles and championship campaigns playing with inferior players and during times when it was clear the club had little ambition. Now, finally it's clear for all to see we are a Club on the cusp of becoming a major force in English football, a Club where our owners have made good on their promise in complimenting Jack with teammates who are very highly rated in the game ( with more to come ) and to finally give Jack the stage worthy of his talents at a Club whose fans adore him.
We cannot sugar coat this. It's a major setback. All we can hope is that our recruitment team ( who have been exceptional in the market so far with our signings ) continue to rebuild until such a time exists that we no longer have to rely on any one player again in order to be successful. UTV

I think we can over simplify things if we are not careful. Its not just a matter of the club saying we will give you x just sign here. Jack will not be involved with the negotiations at all, it will all be done by his agent who will get the best deal he can for him. The contract will be drawn up by the clubs Solicitors. It will then go to Jacks Solicitors to check all the legal jargon that will be in it. Then his agent will say this is whats on the table do you want to accept, ask for more or do you want to ask to talk to Man C. Only then can Jack make a comment. He cant say I am staying until he is sure its all done and dusted. I think we all need to just relax a little bit and give it a day or two.

The best players have signed for the best clubs since the dawn of football. It's how it's always worked.

I think using phrases like 'turn his back on the club' and saying he can't really be a fan is just childish.

Should Ronaldo have stayed at Sporting? Rooney at Everton? Maradona at Argentinos Jnrs? Zidane at Cannes?

It's inevitable that elite players want to play for elite clubs and win trophies and I don't think you can really blame them.

I think most of us on here over the years have said Kane needs to leave spurs to fulfill his potential. Whats the difference with Jack?

Will be gutted when he leaves but got to fully respect the decision.
Nah , poor comparisons . We are on a massive upwards trajectory (or were) despite the poor 2021 form when Grealish was out. The owners have invested massively including a 5 year contract the ink is barely dry on. If he goes and turns his back on it he loses my respect and any potential legend status .

I think we can over simplifying if we are not careful. Its not just a matter of the club saying we will give you x just sign here. Jack will not be involved with the negotiations at all, it will ala be done by his agent who will get the best deal he can for him. The contract will be drawn up by the clubs Solicitors. It will then go to Jacks Solicitors to check all the legal jargon that will be in it. Then his agent will say this is whats on the table do you want to accept, ask for more or do you want to ask to talk to Man C. Only then can Jack make a comment. He cant say I am staying until he is sure its all done and dusted. I think we all need to just relax a little bit and give it a day or two.
Wishful thinking , the current contract and wording is all there just needs the dates and remuneration changing , and delete that bloody buy out clause