The Play-Offs 2020 | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Play-Offs 2020

Who's going up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We only lost 4 away games, to Wigan, Huddersfield, Birmingham and Barnsley. FFS! :confused:

Not the greatest of opposition.

Anyone else think that despite our dreadful form we’d have made a go of the play offs? That same sickly feeling I had that told me we’d bottle the stoke game is the same one I have that we’d somehow managed to fluke our way through them.
There was nobody in the pray offs that we couldn’t have matched if we were on form. Problem was we were nowhere near form.

Oh what a shame, Cardiff losing 2-0 at home.

Our fault of course for not letting them keep Albert Adomah.

At least Cardiff will now get to be officially the most objectionable club in the championship now Leeds are gone

At least Cardiff will now get to be officially the most objectionable club in the championship now Leeds are gone

"oh what a shame"? That's sounds sarcastic to me as if you're happy but you want them to get promoted?????

Haha, great result. Getting Fulham out of this league is what we need. Brentford will lose 2 or 3 of their stars if they stay down, so weaker than this season. Swansea rely on loans too. If only we can reshape our recruitment and scouting next season has to be viewed as a big opportunity for us, finances permitting

"oh what a shame"? That's sounds sarcastic to me as if you're happy but you want them to get promoted?????
It's a weird juxtaposition.

I find them a thoroughly vile club and have done since visiting Ninian Park years ago.

So yeah, I wouldn't mind them going up simply to get them out of our division. The back door would be preferable though.

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing them beaten, especially after the really pathetic, sour comments from Harris last week. I am particularly keen to see him deflated after his crowing

Haha, great result. Getting Fulham out of this league is what we need. Brentford will lose 2 or 3 of their stars if they stay down, so weaker than this season. Swansea rely on loans too. If only we can reshape our recruitment and scouting next season has to be viewed as a big opportunity for us, finances permitting
Fulham won't be that comfortable if they stay down. Mitrovic will need to go. I think Brentford probably have the most sustainable model.

Swansea possibly have one more season of parachute payments, but whether their social distancing striker Ayew (who goes down screaming if anyone gets within a metre of him) stays will make a big difference.

Fulham won't be that comfortable if they stay down. Mitrovic will need to go. I think Brentford probably have the most sustainable model.

Swansea possibly have one more season of parachute payments, but whether their social distancing striker Ayew (who goes down screaming if anyone gets within a metre of him) stays will make a big difference.
Brentford do I agree, but it's not too far fetched to assume that front 3 will go, or at the very least 2 of them. Toney would only end up there if they went up I think, or with Brentford over paying after those 2 or 3 sales.
Swansea I can't see being a huge factor unless they replace Brewster and Gallagher with as good, if not better. I still think Fulham going up will see the other teams become weaker.
Stoke cannot be as bad next year, and I think Boro will become more of a factor too.

Only half time yet though.

Still, always good to see Cardiff have lost.

Brentford do I agree, but it's not too far fetched to assume that front 3 will go, or at the very least 2 of them. Toney would only end up there if they went up I think, or with Brentford over paying after those 2 or 3 sales.
Swansea I can't see being a huge factor unless they replace Brewster and Gallagher with as good, if not better. I still think Fulham going up will see the other teams become weaker.
Stoke cannot be as bad next year, and I think Boro will become more of a factor too.
I certainly agree on Boro.

Any team with Neil Warnock as manager at this level has to be considered a potential factor in the promotion race.

I agree on Stoke as well.

Derby have some superb young players and have every chance if being well up there.

If Brentford are losing any of their front three you can bet they already have the replacements at the club or lined up.

I certainly agree on Boro.

Any team with Neil Warnock as manager at this level has to be considered a potential factor in the promotion race.

I agree on Stoke as well.

Derby have some superb young players and have every chance if being well up there.

If Brentford are losing any of their front three you can bet they already have the replacements at the club or lined up.
Somehow I can't see Derby being a factor. Wasn't that impressed with their players, and Rooney looks shot now.
More concerned about what we are doing manager wise, and if sticking with SL ensuring that he is committed to changing playing philosophy provided the recruitment allows him to do so. And I have no faith in Anigo or Modesto to attract anything remotely appropriate for this division.
I just hope our epic bottle job has put off teams from buying Cash, Grabs, Lolley and Worrall

Somehow I can't see Derby being a factor. Wasn't that impressed with their players, and Rooney looks shot now.
More concerned about what we are doing manager wise, and if sticking with SL ensuring that he is committed to changing playing philosophy provided the recruitment allows him to do so. And I have no faith in Anigo or Modesto to attract anything remotely appropriate for this division.
I just hope our epic bottle job has put off teams from buying Cash, Grabs, Lolley and Worrall

I wonder Worr’al happen to us if teams do a cash grabb on Lolley?

Don’t forget facking Millwaaaarrrllll

It's a weird juxtaposition.

I find them a thoroughly vile club and have done since visiting Ninian Park years ago.

So yeah, I wouldn't mind them going up simply to get them out of our division. The back door would be preferable though.

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing them beaten, especially after the really pathetic, sour comments from Harris last week. I am particularly keen to see him deflated after his crowing

Ninian Park was a shit hole; their new Ground, built on what was the car park at Ninian Park, is better but the supporters are still neanderthals.

Swansea supporters are a much better bunch these days; I thought they were actually quite friendly when I went there earlier in the season; certainly a big improvement on years gone by

Fulham supporters came across as fairly humble and friendly, certainly by London standards.

Brentford supporters really surprised me the first time I went there; I had this image of them being a small club punching above their weight with a support base having a realistic outlook and expectations and a degree of humility, the kind of people you could have a gargle with before the game.

Surprising how wrong you can be at times.

I was quite shocked by the attitude of the supporters and their baseless levels of arrogance and entitlement.

I thought this cannot be right so the second time I visited the place I made an effort to get down a bit earlier and had a good walk around and met more people.

That did little more than confirm my first impression; I do not particularly find it an enjoyable away game, even though we won both times I have been there.

Ninian Park was a shit hole; their new Ground, built on what was the car park at Ninian Park, is better but the supporters are still neanderthals.

Swansea supporters are a much better bunch these days; I thought they were actually quite friendly when I went there earlier in the season; certainly a big improvement on years gone by

Fulham supporters came across as fairly humble and friendly, certainly by London standards.

Brentford supporters really surprised me the first time I went there; I had this image of them being a small club punching above their weight with a support base having a realistic outlook and expectations and a degree of humility, the kind of people you could have a gargle with before the game.

Surprising how wrong you can be at times.

I was quite shocked by the attitude of the supporters and their baseless levels of arrogance and entitlement.

I thought this cannot be right so the second time I visited the place I made an effort to get down a bit earlier and had a good walk around and met more people.

That did little more than confirm my first impression; I do not particularly find it an enjoyable away game, even though we won both times I have been there.
I also found that with Brentford, both online and in person.

When we went down to League 1 they were our second home game I think. I tried having a chat with some of their fans, just being friendly; I was shocked by their attitude. Just wasn't used to the arrogance, dismissiveness etc. I had expected the lower leagues to be friendlier; Brentford fans were anything but.

I have found that only a handful of times; Wigan, Accrington being two notable examples. Bournemouth too, although I haven't personally been down there.

There are two types of Brentford and Fulham fans, the long suffering ones who have a healthy sense of realism and humour, and the newer ones who are entitled and arrogant.

Brentford in particular is very divided between the traditional fans and those they term tourist wankers (newer fans attracted by their success). It's come to blows more than once.

There is a sense of pride in their style and what they've achieved with their limited resources, which I don't find unreasonable. Those of us old enough might remember when we were similarly proud...