The Play-Offs 2020 | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Play-Offs 2020

Who's going up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fulham ahead, looked an absolute howler from the Brentford keeper on a free kick from about 40 yards away

Yep that’s a shocking way to go behind. He’s far too far off his line. I’ve never ever understood why goalkeepers feel the need to stand the complete opposite side of where the free kicks coming from!

This is the best result for us, as Brentford will be weaker next year. However, so are we in all likelihood so this comment would have been relevant if we keep our players and invest for a big push

Question now is how many of those players will still be at Brentford next season and how well will they be replaced?

My initial thought is that they will still be there or thereabouts next season.

Ordinarily, there is an agreement between the playoff finalists, that the losers get the 'gate' money - so, the worst time ever to lose this final is when no fans allowed.

Brentford will have had some extra revenue from sponsorship & TV money for the playoffs, but almost certainly, they will come under pressure to sell Benrama, Watkins & perhaps a few others, but that should still allow them to sign new players with the proceeds.

The bonus for the Championship as a whole, is that both Fulham & WBA have gone straight back up, so less teams with the benefit of parachute payments.

You'd imagine Watford, Bournemouth & Norwich will be favourites to go back up - let's hope Forest are backed by the owner!

Wednesday start on -12, unless overturned and still not heard whether Derby will face EFL sanctions?

Isnt there some kind of rule whereby parachute payments get shared around the championship if a club goes back up before they are finished? I just have an inkling that I read that somewhere