The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 32 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

I think last year we assumed we'd probably come straight back down. This year we feel it could be the start of happier days.

Yes. Having seen us outplayed by Fulham at their place I really wasn't hopeful last year even more so after the way we set up in the first half so I was kind of resigned to our fate.

This year feels so much different.

Mrs JPA is expressing zero sympathy and understanding for what I (and the rest of us) am going through. She just said (and I quote) "It really doesn't matter that much does it?"

So far, I haven't replied. For the best, I would say. She is on the thinnest of thin ice.

But at least she didn't throw away my tickets :lol:
Should have married me! Love my football.
:grinning:

My 3 Sunderland friends have just left my house after watching their play off match with Charlton here. I hope I don't feel the same as them this time tomorrow!!

It's just dawned on me, on this auspicious day, that the team selection tomorrow is massive. While obviously not in the same ballpark (universe even) as the team of 82, these guys have the opportunity to cement their places in Villa folklore.

Even those who don't actually belong to us.

My mind is flying right now!!

Steer

Elmo / Tuanzebe / Mings / Taylor (sorry 57!)

Hourihane / McGinn / Grealish

El Ghazi / Abraham / Kodjia

Bench: Kalinic / Hutton / Whelan / Jedinak / Green / Davis / ???

??? - Chester? Lansbury? Adomah?

My head was thinking that DS will start El Ghazi and Adomah on the flanks, although I’m seeing a lot of Jimmy Danger mentions. I don’t want Green starting, not after that away leg performance.

You know what you’re getting with Albert defensively albeit going forward it isn’t game changing anymore, with Jimmy he could score a brace or cost us defensively.

I’m glad I’m not paid the big bucks to make these calls.

It's just dawned on me, on this auspicious day, that the team selection tomorrow is massive. While obviously not in the same ballpark (universe even) as the team of 82, these guys have the opportunity to cement their places in Villa folklore.

Even those who don't actually belong to us.

My mind is flying right now!!

Steer

Elmo / Tuanzebe / Mings / Taylor (sorry 57!)

Hourihane / McGinn / Grealish

El Ghazi / Abraham / Kodjia

Bench: Kalinic / Hutton / Whelan / Jedinak / Green / Davis / ???

??? - Chester? Lansbury? Adomah?

Hause ?

Can't help but feel a loss tomorrow would be so much more difficult to take compared to last year but there again, a win would be received with even more euphoria because the club is so much more stable and ready for stepping back into the top flight...the time is right VitalVillans.....and a Northamptonshire bird has just landed an almighty load straight onto my windscreen which is another clear sign that it's going to be our day! :utv:

Last edited: