The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 65 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

Just thought I’d put in a word for a player I’ve spent a big part of the season maligning, Connor Hourihane. Unsung hero on the day and thank you!
Anwar takes players on and can beat them to the left and right, keep him.
I am probably out on a limb on this one, but feel Hourihane performs that role in a team that sometimes goes unnoticed. He does the dirty, shitty link up play, the player that is always available for the pass from a team mate under pressure. I think we are sometimes critical of where he plays without knowing what Smith has asked him to do. And he has always got a goal in him which is a bonus. We cant replace the whole squad and I feel he can do us a job.

It's strange to hear talk of selling Hourihane and keeping Lansbury.

I'd love to see us shift the likes of Barney and Henri and spunk our massive, Premier League load on the cream of the hot young things in the Championship and League One.

Hourihane will stay, I'm convinced. He's a good option to have around.

It's strange to hear talk of selling Hourihane and keeping Lansbury.

I'd love to see us shift the likes of Barney and Henri and spunk our massive, Premier League load on the cream of the hot young things in the Championship and League One.

I'd clear out all of them bar SJM and Jack , the rest simply aren't god enough , our other good players were all on loan

“We are Aston Villa. We have parades when we win cups and win leagues. Not when we get promoted, effectively third."

Awesome. Exactly the right attitude.

Yes, thank goodness. I'd have despaired if they had done something but also had faith they wouldn't.

Not difficult for Smith to get these things right really, he's one of us, so he does get the club 100%

I am probably out on a limb on this one, but feel Hourihane performs that role in a team that sometimes goes unnoticed. He does the dirty, shitty link up play, the player that is always available for the pass from a team mate under pressure. I think we are sometimes critical of where he plays without knowing what Smith has asked him to do. And he has always got a goal in him which is a bonus. We cant replace the whole squad and I feel he can do us a job.
Remember Andy Townsend. We didn't realize how good he was till he was yet another victim of Doug's housekeeping.

What a day!
Got to say hello to David Bradley (Walder Frey) in the Villa restaurant as well. Absolute gent.
Met a few Derby fans after the game, congratulated us and wished Villa well next season. Hope they get promoted next year.