The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 63 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

Due to superstitious reasons I didn’t want to post my confidence going into yesterday, of course I was nervous but I really couldn’t see us losing in the 90 mins, it was more a case of could we see it off in that time.

The other thing as well for me was that Derby didn’t want it like we wanted it. A fan told me he wanted to win the game but not go up, which is the sign of a club punching above their weight. They would get found out big time in the premier league and give their previous record low some competition.

All the talk of Lampard potentially off to Chelsea and I also heard a story of a big piss up post their Leeds game. Something to me felt like they were just glad to get to Wembley and be down to the final two.

I thought overall we were by far the better team, they had a few half chances along with their goal but other than we controlled the pace of the game for the majority although there was a good spell for Derby in the first half I seem to recall in between the double figures of pints which has made my memory a bit hazy.

We should’ve wrapped it up when Jack went through and was too unselfish, but it doesn’t matter it’s in the past.

The line up was the one I wanted pre game, I understood why he played Adomah and to be fair, Adomah performed. I think I posted - or at least said to my mates - that the players around Jack needed to perform especially the two wide men, and perform they did. Arguably the bigger under performer was Tammy, I thought his hold up play was poor in parts again - he doesn’t seem to use his body or strength well enough.

So sometimes fairy tales do come true. Deano and Jack: the stuff young boys and girls (and old men's) dreams are made of.

Erod and the other HEITS would be proud of everyone associated with the club's resurrection. :clap::clap::utv::bow:

Thanks Northampton.
Erod’s funeral today, claret and blue flowers, and lots of Villa mentions. Incredible timing really, and he would want us all to relish the excitement of the coming weeks and months.
UTV and HEITS!!!!!!!

I was wearing my 1981 home shirt. Met Melon Donkey at the tube station who was also wearing the same shirt. Got on the tube and about 4 stops on a couple of Villa fans got on also wearing the said shirt and sat opposite us so they got their mate to take a photo of 4 old blokes wearing the 1981 shirt.

Looked good to be fair.

I was wearing my 1981 home shirt. Met Melon Donkey at the tube station who was also wearing the same shirt. Got on the tube and about 4 stops on a couple of Villa fans got on also wearing the said shirt and sat opposite us so they got their mate to take a photo of 4 old blokes wearing the 1981 shirt.

Looked good to be fair.
Not so much of the old sirdennis. Just leafing through the dreaded Guardian comments section after todays match report. Very surprised to read hundreds of warm congratulations from fans of many Premier League teams welcoming us back "home".

Thats why i went in a 1957 retro shirt. I really really wanted to wear a White 82 final shirt but it was not right shirt against Derby.
Your retro shirt proved luckier than mine did last year Old Trinity. I trusted to the shirt I wore when we stuffed Leeds wayback when.

We had already booked to go on a caravan holiday for the BH weekend before we knew we were going to be in the final. In a caravan behind where we were was a Baggies fan who when he saw me in my Villa shirt got all bitter and twisted and said that Derby would be winners. Her indoors and I had an early morning lift to the station to get into Moor Street for 7:30. Walked straight on the train and got seats. We were at Wembley by 9:30 and taking in the atmosphere and the day just flew by. What an occasion and result. As others have said the result was never in danger but it still did not stop me worrying and if 7 minutes is ever that long again, I am going to complain to the EU for screwing up our clock speed along with everything else that they have screwed up!!
The trip back was good and again got seats to Moor Street. We arrived back at the caravan at around 9:30 - shattered but still buzzing.
When packing up to come home this morning, said Stripey Filth came walking past and said "enjoy your season in the Prem as you will be back down next season". Instead of arguing with the tosser, I told him that Albyun had a very important job to do next season and that was take our place and to beat the Scum twice as, sadly, we will not be around to do it. He skulked off with this head down.
We hitched up the caravan and came home and after unpacking, watched the whole build up, game and analysis/discussions all over again. It was a exciting second time around and we loved it. I thought Chris Wilder did a good job of the punditry and he has gone up a little in my estimation. I also thought Frank Lampard handled the post match interview well and was not bitter and moaning about bad decisions.
Our lads were amazing and Mings must have already signed a 5 year deal judging by the way he was performing in the after match celebrations, it was if he was born under the Holte End stand (now there's a song we haven't heard for many a year!)
Wotcha Premier League, Villa are back - "do you want to bet against us?"