The Philippe Coutinho Thread | Page 35 | Vital Football

The Philippe Coutinho Thread

I've read somewhere that his massive wages will be an issue, no shit sherlock!
That's why we won't be paying him massive wages if wants to stay. If he wants massive wages find a club that comes with the pressure of massive wages and go back to being unhappy again.
His choice, if he can't live on 100k a week it really is a sad world
Agreed 57, footballers can't have their cake and eat it. If the global economy gets much worse they will all start to have a look at how to live on a few 100k a week less.
Coutinho is a Roller in a garage full of dacia's at the moment.

He's already taken a pay cut to join us as we couldn't take on his full wages and Barca didn't want to pay the difference. If he was about thr money I'm sure Newcastle or someone else could have offered at least more of his Barca salary than us.

If course a permanent deal is a different matter but I still think he'll sign. I think the money for the transfer fee will be no problem. I think he'll be offered the biggest wage ever to a Villa player. It could come dowbto what he thinks of the rest of our summer plans.

Agreed 57, footballers can't have their cake and eat it. If the global economy gets much worse they will all start to have a look at how to live on a few 100k a week less.
Coutinho is a Roller in a garage full of dacia's at the moment.
Pish posh, couldn't possibly do something as vulgar as work for £100k a week. Mine is all inherited "Old Money" - the only way to fly :tophat:

I really would like to know what team and what players would enable you to enjoy football.

Nothing and nobody are ever good enough for you. Everyone and everything seems to be awful/concerning/pathetic/shambolic/disastrous/embarrassing.

Not sure why you even bother to be honest :shrug:

Well I know who the manager would be at least.

I really would like to know what team and what players would enable you to enjoy football.

Nothing and nobody are ever good enough for you. Everyone and everything seems to be awful/concerning/pathetic/shambolic/disastrous/embarrassing.

Not sure why you even bother to be honest :shrug:

He hasn’t been happy since the Bruce and Hourihane days, proper men

He hasn’t been happy since the Bruce and Hourihane days, proper men
Them were the days, even I was a happy clappy then.
Back to Coutinho, not done enough for me for the wages he wants . He's unsettled the balance further if anything overall, some flashes of brilliance yet. He'd be a good signing for a quality team , not a lower mid table incredibly unbalanced side

Them were the days, even I was a happy clappy then.
Back to Coutinho, not done enough for me for the wages he wants . He's unsettled the balance further if anything overall, some flashes of brilliance yet. He'd be a good signing for a quality team , not a lower mid table incredibly unbalanced side

I genuinely think 3 quality signings where we desperately need them (CB,CM,CF) would allow us to be able to integrate a player like Coutinho. I’m excited for Marv to return just to see what difference he’ll make for us.

I agree with what you’re saying but you can’t turn down players like Coutinho when they pop up.

I genuinely think 3 quality signings where we desperately need them (CB,CM,CF) would allow us to be able to integrate a player like Coutinho. I’m excited for Marv to return just to see what difference he’ll make for us.

I agree with what you’re saying but you can’t turn down players like Coutinho when they pop up.
Depends what the impact of signing him has on the overall budget and what we may have to sacrifice to afford him and his wages. There are bigger priorities to address before PC

Depends what the impact of signing him has on the overall budget and what we may have to sacrifice to afford him and his wages. There are bigger priorities to address before PC

I believe that signing him is more likely to lead to other higher quality players joining now and in the coming years. If we sign him permanently then more quality is going to be arriving. If we don't and start quibbling about the "overall budget" then we know nothings changed and we'll be basically as we are.

I think we can't afford his wages which are ridiculous 480k a week can see him going to Newcastle or somewhere is he really worth it, still not winning games with him does get pushed off the ball quite easy

He's not getting paid his full wages now having taken a pay cut to come here. He could have gone somewhere where he'd have got more money in January but chose less to play for us.

I still think we need to sign him despite him being in and out in terms of performance. Its no shock that whenever we've played well he looks unreal and when we've been shit he is anonymous. Get a few better players around him and we'll see more of the former I believe.

More importantly its the statement that signing a huge, big name player makes.

He's not getting paid his full wages now having taken a pay cut to come here. He could have gone somewhere where he'd have got more money in January but chose less to play for us.

I still think we need to sign him despite him being in and out in terms of performance. Its no shock that whenever we've played well he looks unreal and when we've been shit he is anonymous. Get a few better players around him and we'll see more of the former I believe.

More importantly its the statement that signing a huge, big name player makes.

Totally agree, he gave us a good lift but our players seem to have dropped off once again. Its been said so often but this group does seem to have some sort of mentality issue. I don't know if its that they've taken the hump Gerrard won't be their friend like Dean or if its just something in their nature. Either way its the same issue as when we had Jack, stop him and you stop us, hence the need for more threats and talent in the starting 11.