The Pepe Reina Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Pepe Reina Thread

Pepe you bald beaut. What a shrewd bit of business this was and I'm happy to be proved wrong after thinking we didn't need him...we have three talented and eager CB in particular Mings but all three lack experience at this level. This man has won it all not sure if I'm right but the most decorated keeper we have had since the Great Dane?
He not only breeds confidence in his defenders knowing he's the last line of defence he's also still a bloody good keeper.
With him and Heaton at the club reminds me of the days we had Bozzie and Spink competing for the jersey. Total class

100.webp

Looks a great signing so far. Its the first time in god knows how long I dont feel nervous when we pass the ball back to the keeper. He just pings it about with both feet better than some of our outfield players. Might not be a priority for some people, but when you insist on playing out from the back as often as we do it stops us giving the ball away so frequently.

Pepe just oozed calmness and authority, exactly what a defence wants from a keeper. A couple of times with the ball bouncing around our 6 yard box and our defence unsure they must hear a call as they stop and move out of the way as Pepe comes out to collect and with his distribution away we went again, sheer class IMHO. Let's hope Nyland watches and learns, in fact any keeper at VP should learn from him.

Massive improvement on Nylaand and a very good signing. Distribution was good and quick, seemed like he was thinking and trying to act quicker than the players in front of him sometimes who either weren’t expecting a ball or weren’t ready. Already he’s made some important saves and he’s lot more commanding than Nylaand too.

Massive improvement on Nylaand and a very good signing. Distribution was good and quick, seemed like he was thinking and trying to act quicker than the players in front of him sometimes who either weren’t expecting a ball or weren’t ready. Already he’s made some important saves and he’s lot more commanding than Nylaand too.

I notice last night he was looking to start a quick attack and all the players we running away with their back to him so he couldn't make eye contact. There's really only Jack that wants it in those situations