The Pepe Reina Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Pepe Reina Thread

It's the age-old fan fickleness of praising players that don't play for us anymore or are not being picked.

Give it a week or two and Wesley "would have been our saviour" and Lansbury would "have bossed our midfield"

Not forgetting the wand of Conor's left foot, he should play every game just in case Jack gets a free-kick, not HE gets a freekick Jack gets one! Says it all

I'm shocked that anyone can criticise Nyland this season. Our new goalkeeping coach has turned him into a proper keeper.
My only criticism is his fantastic display against Leicester that led us to a cup final we didn't need.

Difficult to criticise a bloke who has only played 3 PL games but it's ok to criticise a bloke who has played 400 PL games

No I'm going on this season.

Reina was a brilliant keeper in his day.

Like i said he's only played 3 games this season, I'd like to think he's turned it around but we don't know.

What I'm getting at against Spurs Reina was getting praised two games later he's crap whereas Nyland is now the opposite

Like i said he's only played 3 games this season, I'd like to think he's turned it around but we don't know.

What I'm getting at against Spurs Reina was getting praised two games later he's crap whereas Nyland is now the opposite

I think playing behind our defense has got to him and we are now seeing a keeper with nil confidence. He's probably never been in this position before in his long career.

I think playing behind our defense has got to him and we are now seeing a keeper with nil confidence. He's probably never been in this position before in his long career.

Lost his head big time against Leicester, I'm all for sweeper keepers but that was ridiculous. Must be difficult as he's never had such a crap defence since he was a kid I bet

I'm shocked that anyone can criticise Nyland this season. Our new goalkeeping coach has turned him into a proper keeper.
My only criticism is his fantastic display against Leicester that led us to a cup final we didn't need.

When we got him, he came with great promise. So now he looks to have settled, had good coaching, etc, it certainly looks promising for him in that position.

Reina is way past his best. Looking at his best, if he was anywhere near it he wouldn't have been warming the bench in Italy. Heaton was different; he was still at the top.

Nyland still looks a bit nervy at times, but I think we'd be much better served in sticking to him, Engels and Mings and getting them used to playing with each other. There's a good defence in there somewhere.

I know where you are coming from, but Nyland looks to be in form, and Reina out of it at the moment. We all know the difference between a striker in form and out of it, so I would go with Nyland. It could be worth a few points. If he plays terrible like he used to, then put Reina back in.

Just read the controversy part of Pepe Reinas wiki and I have to say who ever brought him to Villa is a scum bag, he is a literal wanna be gangster and he supports the anti lock down protests. The guy needs packing off back to whoever we got him from.

Just read the controversy part of Pepe Reinas wiki and I have to say who ever brought him to Villa is a scum bag, he is a literal wanna be gangster and he supports the anti lock down protests. The guy needs packing off back to whoever we got him from.

PEPE OUT! Staggered with that.

Stick with Nyland, Steer and Sarkic. They don't smell.

PEPE OUT! Staggered with that.

Stick with Nyland, Steer and Sarkic. They don't smell.

Sarkic is off - bringing him back from Livi then leaving him out of the squad (bringing in Reina) appears to have been the final straw sadly. He's already on record saying he won't sign a new deal.

Be disappointed to see him back in the Villa kit if he is anything to do with the far right, that is for sure.

Anti lockdown protests... oh ffs people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be disappointed to see him back in the Villa kit if he is anything to do with the far right, that is for sure.

Anti lockdown protests... oh ffs people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He verbally supported an anti lock down protest, perhaps foolishly, and according to the clip in the Mail is immediately called a fascist.
This is what I posted yesterday re ANTIFA.
If you dont toe the party line in any way shape or form you are labelled a fascist.