The Ollie Watkins Thread | Page 39 | Vital Football

The Ollie Watkins Thread

He looked in some discomfort after kicking the ball and went off straight away. Looked to me like a muscle pull.

Wesley / Ings it is then

I'll be amazed/gutted if we ever see Wesley in a Villa shirt again.

BTW, managed to catch sight of Jaden Philogene-Bidace (??!!) today and really liked what I saw - I've no idea what his position is supposed to be but I'd slot him behind Ings/Ollie and/or ahead of Ghazi with respect to pecking orders, he looks to have the goods in a way that Davis never will have.

Last edited:
I'll be amazed/gutted if we ever see Wesley in a Villa shirt again.

BTW, managed to catch sight of Jaden Philogene-Bidace (??!!) today and really liked what I saw - I've no idea what his position is supposed to be but I'd slot him behind Ings/Ollie and/or ahead of Ghazi with respect to pecking orders, he looks to have the goods in a way that Davis never will have.
Looked a handful based on the highlights.

Philo is fast, great balance, great feet. His goal against Bristol City was a gem, as was his assist for Ings today. He doesn't pull off all he tries but others wouldn't even get there. Attack-minded, knows where the goal is. Think he reads the game well. He will only improve. Reckon these friendlies have shown he'll be at least a great option from the bench.

Add his speed to that of Ollie and others and we could have a frightening attack.

Hope the Ollie injury is only a minor pull. We need him, and need him 100%.

Interesting words from Smith. Sounds like we are actually about to go 4-4-2 or 3-5-2.

Smith told Sky Sports: "Watkins hasn't played wide for a couple of years. I didn't bring him in to play there. He scored 26 goals for Brentford playing as a centre-forward in the Championship and came to us and got 16 goals also as a centre-forward - so no, I don't envisage him out there."

Interesting words from Smith. Sounds like we are actually about to go 4-4-2 or 3-5-2.

Smith told Sky Sports: "Watkins hasn't played wide for a couple of years. I didn't bring him in to play there. He scored 26 goals for Brentford playing as a centre-forward in the Championship and came to us and got 16 goals also as a centre-forward - so no, I don't envisage him out there."
Such a nightmare for my fpl team at the moment :grinning:.

At least Watford will find it hard to predict what we will do.

it must give Ollie a lot of confidence hearing that from Smith. Though in some ways I’m surprised he doesn’t see it as an option (if not an option A)

I hope that this injury that "maybe this week, maybe next week or after the international break" is not a repeat of the 'injury' of Snake 2 and that Watkins is being kept out as a result of him being sold before the window shuts. Liverpool were supposed to be intrested and with Salah reluctant to sign a new deal, God forbid, Ollie is leaving.

I hope that this injury that "maybe this week, maybe next week or after the international break" is not a repeat of the 'injury' of Snake 2 and that Watkins is being kept out as a result of him being sold before the window shuts. Liverpool were supposed to be intrested and with Salah reluctant to sign a new deal, God forbid, Ollie is leaving.
stranger things have happened at sea