The Ollie Watkins Thread | Page 41 | Vital Football

The Ollie Watkins Thread

With Aston Villa's disrupted start to the 2021/22 Premier League campaign with pre-season and Covid issues (and a little matter of a ridiculous international break), despite defeat the overall performance against Chelsea gave some hope for the future, and after a poor hour against Everton, Leon Bailey wowed everyone with the impact he had - so hopes are a little bit higher now for what kind of year we might have after Jack Grealish jumped to Manchester City's socially distanced stadium.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/konsas-striker-reveal-will-please-a-number-of-villa-fans/

It's no surprise really, his dedication to improve. He's worked his way up the ladder the hard way,unlike some who start off at the big clubs and are set for life before they hit 20. Utds Baby Bentley Brigade spring to mind
Hard work and commitment reap there own rewards and I'm glad he's one of ours and still willing to further himself.

I don't get the downgrading Ollie has had on this site this season. Just two games and coming back from injury. He was a huge part of our success last season, scored some excellent goals and his overall effort and movement off the ball was outstanding. There was one goal in pre-season where he and Buendia combined to killer effect; Buendia spotted the pass and Ollie anticipated it and moved accordingly. Exactly what we want. Ollie's hat-trick against Liverpool shows what he can do. Class.

Ollie's going to be a big part of our future. He's the sort of player DS needs to fit into his approach.

Called back up to the England squad. Arguably one of his weaker performances at United which Southgate was there for and watched. For me, its his work rate off the ball. Its unbelievable and whether he has a poor game or not the work ethic he shows is right up there with the best.

Called back up to the England squad. Arguably one of his weaker performances at United which Southgate was there for and watched. For me, its his work rate off the ball. Its unbelievable and whether he has a poor game or not the work ethic he shows is right up there with the best.
It's not just the volume of work he gets through, it's also the tactical intelligence that goes along with that. He shapes the game with his pressing and creates space everywhere with his movement. The media and pundits alike are obsessed with judging attackers purely on their goals, yet there is so much more to it. The Dippers won the league and European cup with a centre-forward who barely got into double figures.

Pity he had his knee injury when he did. He looked bang on form in pre-season, and I reckoned a stellar season was on the cards. The injury interrupted the flow a bit. And maybe having to take account of Danny means he's been overthinking things.

But his movement is back to his best and I'm sure the goals will come. Maybe the England call-up is just the thing he needs.

Pity he had his knee injury when he did. He looked bang on form in pre-season, and I reckoned a stellar season was on the cards. The injury interrupted the flow a bit. And maybe having to take account of Danny means he's been overthinking things.

But his movement is back to his best and I'm sure the goals will come. Maybe the England call-up is just the thing he needs.
Yep, he has looked like Ali Dia in front of goal so far, really needs to improve his first touch in front of goal and his general connection with the ball, he seems to scuff or under hit a lot of his shots. Both of these things are probably down to him overthinking rather than doing things more naturally.

I’m a bit surprised by his call up, but of course he’ll take it. Work rate is always strong with Ollie, and I like his movement. He does need to work on the technical side of his game if he’s to reach the next level, I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season though perhaps playing with the best in the country will help that development even just in training.

Hopefully he gets his season up and running this weekend. Really should of scored at old Trafford and Stamford bridge. Third time lucky hopefully

Reports circulating that Ollie is on Arsenal's wanted list, along with Evertons Calvert-Lewin, to replace Lacasette.
For the life of me, I can't see either of them fitting into Arsenal's system, unless they both completely changed their style of play.
On top of that, I really doubt that they would be willing to pay the fee's required to sign either player.

The Landan Press are stiring the shit again. They did'nt like it when we bid for that Smith kid. How I'd love it if we put another bid in for him in the Januarary window. They think Arsenal are a top club, Arsenal are now a has been club, move over Arsenal we're coming through.:utv::utv:

Wouldn’t sell him for any sum. That’s not what we should be even contemplating and I doubt we are. His goal against Spurs is what he’s all about and they’ll be plenty more to come.

Wouldn’t sell him for any sum. That’s not what we should be even contemplating and I doubt we are. His goal against Spurs is what he’s all about and they’ll be plenty more to come.
Definitely not for £50m - cf‘s demand a premium. Start a bidding war between Spurs and Arse then tell them to swivel.