The Old But All New Under 23 Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Old But All New Under 23 Thread

Again Kevin MacDonald delivers.
What a great servant he's been, the one constant through oceans of strife and troubles

Unless I'm forgetting somebody, only real one missing was Easah Suliman I think. Need to get them out on loan and get them involved now so they don't lose the chance to step up.

Think Bree and Davis were both involved in the previous game so their absence suggests they will play Sunday

Think Bree and Davis were both involved in the previous game so their absence suggests they will play Sunday
Yeah, been regulars but not every gamers - certainly not Davis. Does imply they were given the run out the other game to sharpen them up for Millwall potentially.

Well done to the lads, only caught the ET and pens, great stream, cheers KevinE.

Looking forward to seeing some of these young 'uns get into the first team.

Excellent read Kev - your OS made a booby though, it's Jake Doyle-Hayes not Harris (it also almost caught me out lol).

Right where's that bed!

Should open up the Holte Suite and let people hang around to watch the play-off game. Few beers, bit of food - make a day of it!

Club statement:

The scheduling of the match was determined by the Premier League.
Aston Villa submitted a request for the final to take place outside the designated dates of the 4th to 7th May due to our U23s participating on the Premier League Cup Final on 4th May.
Unfortunately, Brighton have a Sussex Senior Cup Final against Crawley Town on Wednesday 9th May, which we were advised could not be rescheduled thus preventing the fixture from taking place this week.
Competition rules state that the final must be played at the home venue of the highest-placed Play-Off finisher.
With our second-leg Championship play-off tie against Middlesbrough taking place on Tuesday 15th May, the fixture couldn’t take place beyond Saturday to allow sufficient time for the pitch at Villa Park to be prepared properly for the first-team.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The club is currently working on broadcasting the game live on our media channels for supporters who are unable to attend due to travelling to Middlesbrough for the Play-Off first leg.
CLUB NEWS

-------

Nice to see grass roots finally takes priority over the Premier League!