The Official Wrexham Match Thread (Sponsored by Brad Galinson "for all North American ownership needs") | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Official Wrexham Match Thread (Sponsored by Brad Galinson "for all North American ownership needs")

As they said on the ME7 Podcast, a striker and a pacy winger are must haves in January.
The problem is it’s even harder to sign good players in January than in the summer.

Not sure i agree with people saying we wouldn’t have more points with Harris. He was averaging close to 2 points a game this season and was 1 point off second place when sacked. 6 games and 6 points later we are now 8 points off second. I feel performance’s are also on a downward slope too. Organisation at the back between back four and keeper is shocking at the moment, we are giving goals away so cheap! Its hard to put your finger on why, but if we need to score 3 to win a game we are going to struggle.

What a fucking shit day.

Drinking in Chester pre-game as Wrexham police said every pub but one in Wrexham were home fans only. Would’ve tried a couple of decent taprooms/micropubs afterwards when they surely wouldn’t be strict.

Only thing is relying on shit Transport for Wales and their stupid hourly 2-car trains. Chester was lovely, though, and fantastic pubs. Must go back.

Into the stand and meh. Rubbish. So many players asleep/passing 5 feet straight to the opposition. Lazy. Bonne on his own again and Mahoney pointless in the middle.

Surely with no midweek game Clemence would respond after this eye-raiser. Thank fuck Wrexham didn't get out of second gear.

Afterwards had to rush with every other Gills fan back to Chester and back to Crewe on shitty, heaving two-car Transport for Wales trains to get this 18:32 back to London as all the trains afterwards are cancelled except one late one. Cheers Avanti. Packed full of Man UTD fans.

Image.jpeg

IMG_4867.jpeg

IMG_4883.jpeg

IMG_4885.jpeg

Not sure i agree with people saying we wouldn’t have more points with Harris. He was averaging close to 2 points a game this season and was 1 point off second place when sacked. 6 games and 6 points later we are now 8 points off second. I feel performance’s are also on a downward slope too. Organisation at the back between back four and keeper is shocking at the moment, we are giving goals away so cheap! Its hard to put your finger on why, but if we need to score 3 to win a game we are going to struggle.

Harris won 7 points in his last 7 games.

It’s hard to disagree with those last two paragraphs captain
No criticism of SC though, he’s only just in the building needs much more time to implement his own ideas and team.
Exactly, the man’s had a week, I’d guess four training sessions at max.

What a fucking shit day.

Drinking in Chester pre-game as Wrexham police said every pub but one in Wrexham were home fans only. Would’ve tried a couple of decent taprooms/micropubs afterwards when they surely wouldn’t be strict.

Only thing is relying on shit Transport for Wales and their stupid hourly 2-car trains. Chester was lovely, though, and fantastic pubs. Must go back.

Into the stand and meh. Rubbish. So many players asleep/passing 5 feet straight to the opposition. Lazy. Bonne on his own again and Mahoney pointless in the middle.

Surely with no midweek game Clemence would respond after this eye-raiser. Thank fuck Wrexham didn't get out of second gear.

Afterwards had to rush with every other Gills fan back to Chester and back to Crewe on shitty, heaving two-car Transport for Wales trains to get this 18:32 back to London as all the trains afterwards are cancelled except one late one. Cheers Avanti. Packed full of Man UTD fans.

View attachment 69486

View attachment 69487

View attachment 69488

View attachment 69496
At least the weather was nice! Imagine what it would have been like if it was pissing it down like last week at Hereford!

Still on the train home, and to be honest I couldn’t be bothered to read through this thread but I have to say that I haven’t felt that flat at any Gills game for a long time.
There seemed to to be a real lack of urgency about the team today
I can forgive them for not being good enough, that is par for the course being a Gills fan, but lack of commitment and effort is a unforgivable.
I felt genuinely let down today.
Fucking piss poor.
Really, really poor.

Harris won 7 points in his last 7 games.
True. I mean before the new owners i would have said we needed a change of manager. Under the new owners Harris massively turned around a sinking ship. The points average from 35 league games under the new owners Harris would average around 80pts over the course of a season. It was spectacular to watch. Investment in new players and also the positivity of the new owners played a big part. Huge credit must also go to Harris too. I feel a little bit robbed that we didn’t get to see the end of that story. Its gone now, we need to support the new manager and move on, i just felt to keep blaming Harris is a little bit harsh.

Not sure i agree with people saying we wouldn’t have more points with Harris. He was averaging close to 2 points a game this season and was 1 point off second place when sacked. 6 games and 6 points later we are now 8 points off second ..........

Much has already been said about our early season results not reflecting the below par quality of our performances. In our last 6 games under Harris we got 7 points. 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses. After the Crewe game we dropped to 8th.

Millen and then Clemence inherited the squad put together and coached by Harris. In their 6 games they've got 6 points. 2 wins and 4 defeats.

Nobody can know how many we would have got had Harris been in charge but the above makes it seem like it would have been very similar.

The difference is that Harris had PROVED he couldn't change the way things were going. Clemence now has the time to try and change things. If it doesn't work out he'll then have the same chance that Harris had to start again.

Sounds like another shocking performance really need to turn things round quickly
Don’t envy Clemence got a tough job on his hands