The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 57 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

One thing I have learnt.
Is we need players pronto.
Gelling is probs most complex part of game.
No time to waste

ARRRRRGH the G word ! We have Deano they just come in and play !
The G word is an excuse for shit managers to take 3 seasons to get a team playing

Surely we have to sign more than 5 or 6 just to have a squad to compete? If we only sign that many I will be very worried.

I'd say 5 or 6 after Hause Mings and El Ghazi that's 8 or 9 players who can hold their own and are better than Norwich Sheffield Brighton Palace Southampton etc

That's 100m in anyones book even allowing for some coming in out of contract

£35 million maxi gomez is being linked
22 year old from celta vigo scored 14 lastseason and 17 the season before
not many goals for 35 million
id prefer the lad from brentford and see if we could come to a deal useing hogan

I don’t think we will have much option if we want to be challenging at the top half of the table. If the likes of Watford can pay £60k a week, it shows how much things have changed over the last few years. Just need to make sure we aren’t paying it to the likes of N’Zogbia
maybe we need to hand out shorter contracts so we dont end up paying 60 and 70 k a week to players we forgot we even had

£35 million maxi gomez is being linked
22 year old from celta vigo scored 14 lastseason and 17 the season before
not many goals for 35 million
id prefer the lad from brentford and see if we could come to a deal useing hogan

Crossed my mind too.

I read somewhere over the past couple of days that it was felt Dean was keen on Maupay or Gayle. However, the article added Pitarch was considered the influence in searching Europe and identifying Maxi Gómez as an option. Just how this is known, I am not sure - probably relying on the old trusty ‘sources’ or ‘insider’, I suppose.

The latest cobblers story making the rounds suggests we are going to ‘swoop’ for Ashley Williams. ??

Maupay would be a good fit for us as he has worked under smith in the past and we do really need to hit the ground running or before you know it we are in the bottom 6 looking up and the feel good factor we now have will go and the calls for smith to be replaced will start and we will find our selfs back in the championship
dean needs players around him he knows and can trust we also need cover for key players incase of injury

one thing gayle does is score and maybe a player we could use off the bench or in the cups if his wage demands arnt too high

one thing gayle does is score and maybe a player we could use off the bench or in the cups if his wage demands arnt too high

He doesn't score in the Premier League Wal , hence Newcastle swapping him for Cinnamon Condom

I think I'd shoot myself if we were seriously after Dwight fuckin Gayle .

Maupay and Gomez fluckit just pay the fine

Agree as regards Gayle. The evidence is there - he’s another Michael Chopra - a Championship bully.

Maupay has an edge about him. He could surprise a few PL sides.

Despite the costs, Maxi and ‘Mini’ Maupay might not be a bad shout.

And there's a threat we maybe offering Ashley Williams a contract now he's been released by Everton. If he's not good enough for them........ He's slow, he's getting on in football terms too.........

Bollocks to it .....It's not my money so get both Maupay and Gomez then it's sorted:grinning:
id hope there is still a place for kodjia at villa i do like him and at times he looks world class .yes he is gready but so were some of the best strikers i think that means they are confidant

And there's a threat we maybe offering Ashley Williams a contract now he's been released by Everton. If he's not good enough for them........ He's slow, he's getting on in football terms too.........

Yep but some still think Chester is an option , which I find bizarre. We need 4 CB's as we currently don't own one

Bollocks to it .....It's not my money so get both Maupay and Gomez then it's sorted:grinning:

I agree mate but out there somewhere are players who are just as good but haven't been spotted yet or have been but nobody will take a chance .

There again Maupay and Gomez haven't played in the premier league so its still a chance even spending 50m on the pair

Just pay the fine

Yep but some still think Chester is an option , which I find bizarre. We need 4 CB's as we currently don't own one

Why do you find Chester being an option bizzare? So he has to manage his knees and maybe have a special training programme... Who was the last defender we had to fit that mould I wonder?

He's good enough, he was our player of the season last year. If we can manage him properly he will be a very valuable member of the squad now we've released so much experience.

Reactions: wal
why is chester so bizarre ??? when fit he is a good player last season prem teams were linked with him i know he has a massive injury and may never play again but if and when fit it wouldnt be bizarre to use him .he is our club captain for god sake

Too much sentiment Deano, Chester is too slow and can't play from the back how many fuck ups did he make this season . Great what he's done for us and all that but he's finished , Playing through the pain is really noble and he deserves massive credit .
Premier League CB he has never cut it and with his injury he never going to get any better, even he knows that.
I was actually saying people think Chester is good enough but will turn their nose up at Willams or Cahill or even Jagelka when theres little difference

most players from overseas havent played in the prem and most managers that manage top six clubs have never managed in the prem but it doesnt stop big clubs paying big money on them . i think when a player comes here from overseas its not the football that they struggle with but the culture change even harder if they have wife and kids that come with them . maupay has been here a while now and seems settled and if we could do a deal useing hogan it would be a good move