The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Not going to be easy to offload Hogan I expect he's on too much money for a Championship side to afford and I think I'm safe in saying he's not good enough for the Premier league . We might even have to do a McCormack on him or give him away if the other club takes on his contract.
I think he's one of those who would have been released if his contract was up .

Not going to be easy to offload Hogan I expect he's on too much money for a Championship side to afford and I think I'm safe in saying he's not good enough for the Premier league . We might even have to do a McCormack on him or give him away if the other club takes on his contract.
I think he's one of those who would have been released if his contract was up .
sheff utd were interested and they will have a bit of money to burn fingers crossed lol

And there's a threat we maybe offering Ashley Williams a contract now he's been released by Everton. If he's not good enough for them........ He's slow, he's getting on in football terms too.........

Thats a lazy rehashed rumour from last Summer. He couldnt even cut it in the Chumpionship last season

most players from overseas havent played in the prem and most managers that manage top six clubs have never managed in the prem but it doesnt stop big clubs paying big money on them . i think when a player comes here from overseas its not the football that they struggle with but the culture change even harder if they have wife and kids that come with them . maupay has been here a while now and seems settled and if we could do a deal useing hogan it would be a good move

I suggested this swap earlier in the week, but realistically Brentford aren't going to pay Hogan or anyone £30k-40k a week

I'd be keeping Chester as my fourth choice centre-back. I didn't hugely rate him in The Championship but he has leadership skills and experience that will be invaluable around the dressing room. With his injury situation, he probably accepts he can no longer demand week in, week out football so having him with us works for all parties.

Also, to all those of you panicking about our lack of signings and how "slow" we are operating. Here is a list of PL clubs who've made purchases this summer:

West Ham (2: both GKs), Bournemouth (1: DEF), Everton (1: GK), Norwich (1: WGR) & Villa (1: MID).

So taking into account we joined the party last, some 3 weeks later than everyone else, I'd say we're moving along quite nicely at the moment.

Also, to all those of you panicking about our lack of signings and how "slow" we are operating. Here is a list of PL clubs who've made purchases this summer:

West Ham (2: both GKs), Bournemouth (1: DEF), Everton (1: GK), Norwich (1: WGR) & Villa (1: MID).

So taking into account we joined the party last, some 3 weeks later than everyone else, I'd say we're moving along quite nicely at the moment.

Ah but most of the other clubs are only looking for the right one or two players , we need a new team plus subs

How come Wolves with their 28k ground can sign £30m strikers and people think we can't

We obviously can cus weem considerably richer than yow

Reactions: wal
There is a suggestion we have put in a £8.76M bid for Brentford’s French winger, Said Benrahma. Now, the amount might seem rather too precise, but is probably a Euro conversion figure, but I can see some potential in this story.

Being left footed, he would offer a viable option down the flanks with Jota and El Ghazi, both right footers. Yes, Green plays down the left, but is inexperienced, probably a squad player and, again, right footed.

Another consideration is price and I think budget could have a big part to play in any potential thinking here. Mings and, say, Maxi G could take half Smith’s budget, so a sub-£10M man with a good goals and assist record has some validity.

Finally, he is not the obvious press name to be circulated around, which might add some credibility to the article.

Source: Le 10 Sport

How come Wolves with their 28k ground can sign £30m strikers and people think we can't

We obviously can cus weem considerably richer than yow

We should be, if not Gomez then someone of that quality.
I’m not sure our current team will be as incapable at PL level as you think. When I look at the likes of Brighton, Burnley, Bournemouth they don’t seem to be better individually, but they are solid as a team and in Bournemouth’s instance they are well drilled to fit their system

We should be, if not Gomez then someone of that quality.
I’m not sure our current team will be as incapable at PL level as you think. When I look at the likes of Brighton, Burnley, Bournemouth they don’t seem to be better individually, but they are solid as a team and in Bournemouth’s instance they are well drilled to fit their system

Lets be honest anyone of those sides could go straight down if Bournemouth and Burnley lost their managers they be gone . Brighton have so ....
We have to be more like Wolves than Brighton I hope

Lets be honest anyone of those sides could go straight down if Bournemouth and Burnley lost their managers they be gone . Brighton have so ....
We have to be more like Wolves than Brighton I hope

Even Wolves kept a large nucleus of the team that got promoted. They just added quality international players who would get into most PL teams. There are only so many unearthed gems we are going to find in one window