The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 55 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

After 3 years in the Championship, I see the transfer stories and think - He won't come to us when he can play in the Premier League plus better wages so obviously I'm still mentally readjusting:lol:

I'm hoping the very name of Aston Villa will automatically put us above the likes of Watford Bourenmouth and the rest of the bottom 10 when it comes to players wanting to sign for us.
It's already put us above Norwich and Sheffield United Brighton etc in the bookies eyes to avoid the drop

Man Utd face the same dilemma with Axel we faced when we had Cahill , if top six is good enough for the next couple of seasons then Axel is their man if they want to win the league next season he isn't .

Man Utd face the same dilemma with Axel we faced when we had Cahill , if top six is good enough for the next couple of seasons then Axel is their man if they want to win the league next season he isn't .

I think they are heading for solid mid table under OGS. They'll sell their troublesome stars this summer and replace them with kids and mediocre players. They are in real trouble.

Spine. We have a good CM pairing in the super Js, Emperor Mings hopefully at the back, GK I'm really not sure about, but up front we lack a real goal threat. I'd spank a great deal of the rumoured transfer budget on a talent like Gomez.

I reckon we've done pretty well so far, transfer wise.
We've cleared out a load of deadwood and let some guys go at the end of their contracts who were on really good money.
We got in a player from City, in exchange for one of our never plays players on a good wedge.
We've resigned Kortney Hause, are in negotiations for Anwar El Ghazi, all for really reasonable prices.
We are being linked to everybody and their uncles dog. Some completely stupid idle links but, some really interesting.
Maxi Gomes for example. We all know West Ham were after him last January but, they got knocked back either by the club or the player, we don't know. If we are truly interested in signing him and he wants to play in the premiership, I think we'd have an advantage over any club not in the top six or seven. They can after all offer European football. The advantage we have over the rest is, Juanfran building us up in the players eyes and of course Suso being DoF.

I really can't see Gomes coming to us. I'm not against it but Valencia are supposed to be after him too and they are in the CL. I think we are going to have to dig up some hidden gems rather than these guys that everyone knows about.

FWIW I don’t think Zebe-Zebe-Tuanzebe is good enough for United. He made mistakes this season - usually from poor passes - but he’s quick and strong enough to recover. Playing against the top teams he’ll get punished and his confidence would be shot in front of 78k fans or whatever OT holds these days.

He has massed of potential though and we should buy him and give United a first option buy back or something.

FWIW I don’t think Zebe-Zebe-Tuanzebe is good enough for United. He made mistakes this season - usually from poor passes - but he’s quick and strong enough to recover. Playing against the top teams he’ll get punished and his confidence would be shot in front of 78k fans or whatever OT holds these days.

He has massed of potential though and we should buy him and give United a first option buy back or something.

I think he's probably as good as what they've got but not as good as what they want if that makes sense?

I think you're right saying that that surly crowd of mostly tourists wanting 4-0 wins every week could break him whereas we've got slightly lower expectations and he's already made himself popular with us.

TBF he's not as good as Mings is he and there is no way they'd be after him.
Hause did just as well for us at right CB as Axel despite being on his wrong foot.
I like Axel but he's not better than what they have at United , lets no kid ourselves here.
United CB's might no be up there with Liverpool or City etc but they are better than anything we have . They might not be good bu united standards but neither is Axel yet and you are quite right their spoilt fans would murder every mistake like they do with their current ones

A spanish correspondent on Talksport at about 5.45am said "Maxi Gomez is the type of player Real Madrid should be buying, but I have it on good authoritg Aston Villa are in pole position, to whicb I am delighted (as he is a Villa fan).

So maybe ?

As for wages, we have been out for 3 yrs, 60k is minimal now, Daniel James has apparently agreed 57k a week, Madison is on same and expected to join top 4 and double his wage. I bef Grealish is on about that.

Like it or not, if you want to be in the Premier, yoj have to pay 40k minimum for untested, more like 60k for a run on the mill and geg on for 100 for a proven player.

Thats just the game now.

A spanish correspondent on Talksport at about 5.45am said "Maxi Gomez is the type of player Real Madrid should be buying, but I have it on good authoritg Aston Villa are in pole position, to whicb I am delighted (as he is a Villa fan).

So maybe ?

As for wages, we have been out for 3 yrs, 60k is minimal now, Daniel James has apparently agreed 57k a week, Madison is on same and expected to join top 4 and double his wage. I bef Grealish is on about that.

Like it or not, if you want to be in the Premier, yoj have to pay 40k minimum for untested, more like 60k for a run on the mill and geg on for 100 for a proven player.

Thats just the game now.

I sort of agree, but read earlier Mings is only on £14k at Bournemouth. No doubt we will have to double that, or maybe more

It wouldn't surpriss me if we have released Whelan so he can find himself one big last pay day, and if nothing transpires, we re-sign him for a year - like we did Guzan