The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 54 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

At least one press story suggests Smith has a generous budget of £80M to work with. Whether true or not, working on some of the player fees also being referred to, it isn’t too difficult to see how we could blow that amount quite quickly.

It does appear that Dean, Suso and Purslow are applying plenty of thought and consideration to each purchase and, potentially, the odd sale. The acquisition of Jota and the other pending deals so far suggest control is being exercised. The length of the Spaniard’s deal (2 years) is one indication that we have learnt from some rash decisions that were made in the past, where we committed too heavily.

Totally misunderstood and taken out of context. .
Facts of premier league :

I know it ain't about spending money.
But at same time we have entered an arena of top athletes.

I love mings, but he could not get in a pl team last year.

Jota is a Birmingham player of average goals and assists and that's being kind.

I love these owners and it's a long transfer window. We will be up against hazard, aguero, Salah and gang.

Running and dribbling for show, assists and goals for dough.

Just dont want another year of getting knocked out on a weekly basis.

Yes build slow. But let's run in right direction.

I been battered last few years, am just very scared as we a have been 9n the verge of being bankrupt.

Smith is in unknown territory. Scary for the mighty villa.

Mings had had a pretty nasty injury and was out for quite a lengthy spell before he came to us. He hadn't been in Bournemouths defence because they had a pretty settled central defence, where by the way Mings had never played.
You judge Jota by his stats from his time at Birmingham, why not judge what he did while playing for DS at Brentford.
As for building slow, sorry but we don't have the time to build slow, we have to put together a team capable of surviving this season in the Premiership, that means finishing 17th or higher. The less we spend this summer means we will have more to spend next summer on players of a higher quality, if needed.
A manager being in unknown territory is not unusual. It was unknown for Pep and Klopp and Nuno and dozens of others who have survived and learnt to succeed. In half a season DS turned a bunch of none performers into a side that won promotion, so have a little faith.
I happen to think we have the right management team in place for long term success at the club, even if this coming season ends in relegation.

Totally misunderstood and taken out of context. .
Facts of premier league :

I know it ain't about spending money.
But at same time we have entered an arena of top athletes.

I love mings, but he could not get in a pl team last year.

Jota is a Birmingham player of average goals and assists and that's being kind.

I love these owners and it's a long transfer window. We will be up against hazard, aguero, Salah and gang.

Running and dribbling for show, assists and goals for dough.

Just dont want another year of getting knocked out on a weekly basis.

Yes build slow. But let's run in right direction.

I been battered last few years, am just very scared as we a have been 9n the verge of being bankrupt.

Smith is in unknown territory. Scary for the mighty villa.

Sorry snackiest, I misread what you said there, I thought you said you love minge, I was going to agree wholeheartedly but, then I read what you had said properly.

It would be a statement of intent certainly, West ham were quoted at 40m for him in January.

Just watched the obligatory youtube and £40m might be a bargain , obviously we can afford him if we are allowed to spend that kind of money . I'm guessing someone will blow us out of the water anyway

Its exciting this transfer business isnt it? Who will come, will we be able to spell their names? Will they be able to trap a bag of cement? I suppose we will see how deep our owners pockets are and how big their ambition is? £80 million seems very conservative to me.

This Gomez lad does look good but if we stump up 40m for him all the bread and butter signings like Mings and another CB fullbacks and another decent midfielder will suddenly go up in price .
The amount of money our owners have is still a bit under the radar , signal a sign of intent with a marquee signing at this stage and will will be looking at prices doubling