The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

I can't see McGinn going to the Prem. His energy levels are great and he always puts in 100% but he lacks creativity and a consistent end product. As he is contracted to us for a good few years yet we would also demand a significant fee. Compared to the dross in our midfield he looks good but I don't see him as Premier League quality yet.

I don't think any of the current crop are inexpendable, although it would be reckless to let our best players leave. Would love to see more of our youth set up make the grade, cheap, young and hungry. If we don't play them they will find their way somewhere else as numerous already have.

it's been over 35 degrees for a month or so here in Aus which never stops me putting on gloves and a hat....... also hobnob boots and safety glasses.
it's the new look you know. ??
You have to wear that lot because of all the snakes and spiders. I've been trying to get my missis to go for a holiday.

Be interesting to see if the talk of McGinn going to Leicester at the end of the season starts to get traction now that it looks like Rogers is going there...
Makes sense , let's hope we put a healthy release clause in his contract . North of £20m

You have to wear that lot because of all the snakes and spiders. I've been trying to get my missis to go for a holiday.
to be honest you dont really see many snakes apart from the flat ones in the road.
Spiders leave you alone.
It's the same problem over here as you guys have. The great unwashed tax funded drug scum that will stab you for a couple of dollars.
Your mrs would love it over here but don't come in summer as folk from the northern lands dont cope with the heat.

We'll be losing a hell of a lot of players due to expiring contracts and loans. To replace them is going to cost and with FFP who knows what we can spend. It's going to be an interesting summer, for sure!

The last accounts (2018) showed the wage bill had dropped significantly for 2016/17 (£46m). The next accounts will be for last season and I expect them to fall again (even with Terry and Snodgrass). This rationalisation will continue into this season, so I'm not sure that FFP is as big a thing as cash flow. If we have no kitty left we will have to sell to buy or promote from within. We bought 2 players in Jan for £11m so we can't be skint. We also have options to buy on a few. I think the FFP thing has been overplayed in the press and by Xia & Bruce.

I dont think anyone knows our FFP position apart from a couple of people inside the club. I've read that many differing reports its ridiculous. No doubt as soon as the season is over the media will have us all over the back pages again with doom and gloom stories about the club

I think it's obvious Grealish and McGinn will both be off in the summer, not due to FFP but due to the fact they are both way too good for this level.

I think it's obvious Grealish and McGinn will both be off in the summer, not due to FFP but due to the fact they are both way too good for this level.
Not convinced that McGinn will attract many Prem clubs, a very industrious player not bags of creativity, possibly attractive acquisition for a newly promoted team, or a current Prem club that stay up by the skin of their teeth.

He'll need to get rid of loads tho - all those Puel & Ranieri players - no manager could be expected to do owt without their own players.
McGinn would be the first one of our players I'd take if at one of the midtable prem teams or a newly promoted giant like a Sheff utd for example.
Anyways we'll prob need to sell a few to offset the ongoing losses and Bruce loading the wage bill.
Ho hum

if chelsea wasnt paying that sort of money then there are lots who will thats why spanish clubs have won so many european cups

Yup, still obscene though. Clubs snap up the youngsters to stop others getting them, then loan them out. It's a joke.