The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Just checked some contract details out on spotrac website.

Tammy Abraham £50 000 per week contract ends 2022
Kortney Hause £8000 per week contract ends 2023
Tyrone Mings £13000 per week contract ends 2021
Axel Tuanzebe £5000 per week contract ends 2020

Wouldn't it be good to sign those 4 and keep JG and SJM.

Tammy no chance but all three defenders look capable at this level and we would be able to match and improve those wages if any were interested. Personally wouldn't pay big fees/salaries for any given their injury history. With Mings, it could depend on who will give him the most game time. Bournemouth may have moved on if Mepham is a success.

One of the relegated clubs or those operating on parachute payments will be our main competitors for players, not promoted or Premier League clubs as we can't compete.

Will our status and facilities act for or against us when recruiting I wonder? Agents and clubs will continue to try and milk us no doubt. Will be interesting to see the type of contracts our new owners are willing to offer.

Last edited:
Just checked some contract details out on spotrac website

Kortney Hause £8000 per week contract ends 2023
Tyrone Mings £13000 per week contract ends 2021
Axel Tuanzebe £5000 per week contract ends 2020

All three look capable at this level and we would be able to match and improve those wages if any were interested. Personally wouldn't pay big fees/salaries for any given their injury history.

One of the relegated clubs or those operating on parachute payments will be our main competitors for players, not promoted or Premier League clubs.

Will our status and facilities act for or against us when recruiting I wonder? Agents and clubs will continue to try and milk us no doubt. Will be interesting to see the type of contracts our new owners are willing to offer.

I can't see any problem with Mings and Hause but Axel is highly rated at Man Utd. I think they'll loan him to a premier league club, see how he does then either give him a go or sell him depending.

Those salaries don't look accurate to me especially Mings who was an £8m signing , he will be on nearer 40k a week . Axel looks low aswell

Those salaries don't look accurate to me especially Mings who was an £8m signing , he will be on nearer 40k a week . Axel looks low aswell

Here's the link, have a look at Wolves listed range of salaries............ No idea about the accuracy. Could be completely made up I suppose given that its the web, who knows for sure. :shrug: The big numbers are more clickbait worthy I would have thought.

As an 18 year old, I wouldn't have got out of bed for £5000 a week me, let alone played football for Aston Villa.:innocent::rofl:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-f.c/axel-tuanzebe-22891/

Last edited:
why would we even consider selling grealish he is by far our best player thats shown .because without him we struggle im sure if he hadnt been injured we would be closer to 6th place .he has signed a new 5 year contract so if we did sell him that would count for something not a penny less than 35 million or if he wants prem football maybe loan him out .

Don't think wages are going to be a problem next year, looking at the high earners whose contracts will be up. If those figures above are correct then Richards' wage alone would cover what Mings, Hause and Tuanzebe are currently costing and leave plenty of loose change.

Reckon there's a 50% chance that Jack will stay even if we don't go up. Is there anybody in the PL who would meet his £30m release clause? If we put in place the right sort of squad revamp this summer then we could still be an attractive place for him.

Agree Beovilla, it is sad and agree, can't blame the players taking whatever is offered. Nice work if you can get it!

I'd just like to say despite what some people would like , Jack is going Nowhere !

Yeah I'm not sure why everyone is so convinced he will be off in the summer. A supposed £30m buy-out clause and a dodgy injury record over the past two years or so doesn't make him especially attractive to potential buyers, surely.

I suppose in a perverse kind of way Grealish's injury this season may be a blessing as it will put off any suitors this summer.
Then again on the flip side if he hadn't got injured where would we be now in the league ? Will we never know

I'd just like to say despite what some people would like , Jack is going Nowhere !

Don't think anyone wants him gone do they? But this club couldn't stand in his way again, no matter how unpalatable it would be after he's missed so much of the season.

His bad injury record might be our saving grace. Not sure if he's just unlucky (thr freak kidney injury was) or another product of our academy who always picks up injuries. We've had years of that so never sure what to think in that regard. Strength training or the bulking up done wrong maybe.