The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 184 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

Bruce fucked up the defence a year ago, not this summer. What he did this summer was fail to correct the fuck up he'd committed last year.
And just in case you don't understand what fuck up I'm refering too, it goes like this, signing Samba and Terry on one year contracts, while selling Baker and keeping Elphick whom he didn't rate.

Now I know you probably didn't rate Baker but, he was an improving player, who would have improved in leaps and bounds with Terry in the squad. The only thing I can see about Baker that Bruce hated is, he plays on the leftside of defence and Bruce does seem to have an aversion to people who are leftsided.
He's just signed two wingers who both prefer playing on the right so he can piss them both off by having them play on the left. Last year he converted Adomah to leftwing from rightwing and played Green on the left when he's a natural on the right. I assume thats all so he can squeeze his mate Elmohamady into the team.

What about Bruce's fuck ups every fucking game, not just in the transfer windows?
He plays a rightback in midfield, a rightback at leftback, another clubs youth player at rightback, a midfielder at centreback as well as rightwingers on the left and the wrong formation to get the best out of our lone forward.
He then moans about performances every post match but, never fucking well does anything about it for the next game.

The manager sets the tone for the team, the system they play and the intensity they play at.
He is the first one who needs criticism for the performances.

No need to be a 3 card trick 58, you do seem in a truculent mood today. Hopefully you have got your nonsensical rant off your chest now.
I dont rate Elphick as you may well have worked out - I didnt mind Baker but wasnt that bothered when he left us either. Both wanted to move on for 1st team football so good luck to them, neither of them caused any problems while they werent playing.
Why you are directing your anti-Bruce rant towards me I have no idea. #UTV

No need to be a 3 card trick 58, you do seem in a truculent mood today. Hopefully you have got your nonsensical rant off your chest now.

Probably because you're on the wind up, you've compartmentalized your side of the argument and its totally irrelevant to the larger debate. Don't get me wrong now its entertaining to watch, I've mate who does it to my friends and its funny until my starts playing the victim like yourself.

The larger issue at hand is Bruce's clouded judgement and his inability to maintain balance. The argument over CB for me is redundant until the bigger footballing crime of two RBs on the pitch and neither playing at RB is resolved. From there we start to build on the compounding problems.

The most frustrating element is how easily these issues could be solved until an injury crisis presents itself.

Surprised he's still here. 2 week break was the ideal time if the owners were going to make a change. I think they/we will live to regret not doing so.

Surprised he's still here. 2 week break was the ideal time if the owners were going to make a change. I think they/we will live to regret not doing so.

You cannot be serious NI, Steve Bruce is the most tactically aware and innovative manager in the world.
You watch, next season all of the big clubs will have 5 or 6 keepers, 5 or 6 rightbacks and 5 or 6 rightwingers in their squads and will be playing 3 or 4 rightbacks in the team, only none of them at rightback, which is a position reserved for a centreback. Centreback being a position filled by a midfielder.

Not surprised really thought the owners would allow him to play his new signings for a few games. Would imagine if there is not a vast improvement then October could be his swansong 10 league games in is a fair judgement call should imagine we will see the end of October as the time that matters will be decided. If he uses some common and changes the CB position with the added weight of Tammie & Bolasie we could yet see a big improvement if he continues with Jedinak at CB goodbye.

He doesn't turn up for training!
Ffs can't stand the bloke and his defeatist, punch drunk bullshit.

What's this about training?

Not entirely sure, but I have seen a few things across social media today from El Ghazi, who did a meet-and-greet at the Villa Village shop (or whatever it's called these days) and is alleged to have said he's not seen SB for ages at training.

Most likely "fake news" but who knows?

Don't get why you are surprised.

Did anyone seriously think he was going to be allowed to sign several players during and beyond the transfer window and be given the Spanish archer. In some cases those players have not even played a game yet, let alone trained for him.

I'm surprised people think that would happen. You cannot run a football club like that. That's completely muddled thinking and behaviour. I would actually be seriously concerned of our new owners judgement and decision making were they to allow a manager to get players in only to kick him out before he played those players individually or collectively.

This isn't a defence of Bruce either. I think he has run his course and the inevitable will happen. He has done a job but cannot take us further with his boring passive style. As I have said before if he goes it will be mid to late October at the earliest. The owners have backed him and must be seen to have given him a chance otherwise they will look very silly with everything that has gone on since they arrived.

Might as well suck it up gents because he isn't going anywhere immediately. And yes it might be too late but the owners made the decision to stick and back so it will be their fault aswell .

Don't get why you are surprised.

Did anyone seriously think he was going to be allowed to sign several players during and beyond the transfer window and be given the Spanish archer. In some cases those players have not even played a game yet, let alone trained for him.

I'm surprised people think that would happen. You cannot run a football club like that. That's completely muddled thinking and behaviour. I would actually be seriously concerned of our new owners judgement and decision making were they to allow a manager to get players in only to kick him out before he played those players individually or collectively.

This isn't a defence of Bruce either. I think he has run his course and the inevitable will happen. He has done a job but cannot take us further with his boring passive style. As I have said before if he goes it will be mid to late October at the earliest. The owners have backed him and must be seen to have given him a chance otherwise they will look very silly with everything that has gone on since they arrived.

Might as well suck it up gents because he isn't going anywhere immediately. And yes it might be too late but the owners made the decision to stick and back so it will be their fault aswell .

Think the owners will move at their own speed, and doesn't depend on things like getting players firing; the players will be useful even if they change managers now.

Bruce isn't their choice, so I'd imagine that they're sitting down working what is their choice. Doesn't mean Bruce is going; they can have those thoughts and still give Bruce the chance to show what he can do, and if in their eyes he succeeds maybe they'd stick with him.

But I'm sure they'll have looked at or be looking at alternatives, and if they think they need to go in that direction it'll be a question of doting i's and crossing t's before they act. I'd imagine they'd want to know that a new manager could bring in the right coaching squad and be able to work with the opportunities at Villa including youth development.

I wouldn’t have been surprised to see him go after the Burton/ Sheffield U debacle week. And now Terrygate, the mysterious saga of the lack of a centre half, makes us look like buffoons. What a build up to Blackburn! He has 3 matches to to do a Harry Houdini.

I wouldn’t have been surprised to see him go after the Burton/ Sheffield U debacle week. And now Terrygate, the mysterious saga of the lack of a centre half, makes us look like buffoons. What a build up to Blackburn! He has 3 matches to to do a Harry Houdini.
No way give him another 2 games to waste if we lose to Blackburn.

Don't be too hard on Bruce for that. It's not easy to put on a quality day of training when you've eaten a Doner Kebab and Chips for breakfast.

Yeah, and there's no point in turning up at training if you already know what square players you'll be putting in round holes subject to fitness..... or perhaps not.

The mood has changed dramatically towards Mr Bruce and I feel more fans than ever before do not share the view that he did us a favour by standing by his & 2m a year contract when we were on the verge of administration. Sheff utd played us off the park and so did Cardiff last season, I'd love to start going to the villa and actually enjoying the football again, Martin O'Neil was the last descent manager to make that happen. Houllier, mcleish, Lambert, sherwood, Garde and Roberto Di mateo all of them terrible appointments. I feel know Steve Bruce is just waiting for his pay off, the football under Bruce in the championship has been awful but for 2 home games against local rivals.