The Official Portsmouth Match Thread (Sponsored by Connor Ogilvie "for all your "it's a sideways move" needs") | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Official Portsmouth Match Thread (Sponsored by Connor Ogilvie "for all your "it's a sideways move" needs")

Or: should BFSE steer the club to playoff finals after a miraculous recovery that sees Shithole blossom in to L1 top scorer, would it rekindle your love?
That’s probably even less likely than my scenario unfortunately

Mark should, for example, Colin Jarvis buy the club from Scally in the close season, Scally cuts all ties and retires to Dubai, would that be enough for you to definitely renew your season ticket? (I realise how unlikely this scenario is, just interested to see your answer).

Yes without a second thought.

Or: should BFSE steer the club to playoff finals after a miraculous recovery that sees Shithole blossom in to L1 top scorer, would it rekindle your love?

No. My decision not to renew is my protest against scally. I'm taking his advice and staying away.

Although I would be grateful that the 40/1 punt came in

Yes without a second thought.
To be fair Mark I was where you are now many years ago, dissolution with it all including PDPS he riled me 26 years ago climbing a floodlight in the old Rainham end before they came down for the redevelopment.
I might support him in our current situation but god would I love to win that £100m on the euro millions

You could be right I had a 3 year break when the kids were toddlers. I couldn't justify not spending the weekends with them. Surprisingly easy to stop and didn't miss it.

Not really enjoyed the last few years and for me there is less and less to enjoy as part of the match day experience. Scallywag over the last couple of years has been the final straw.

I really don't expect to miss it all.

Hopefully (for me) something/someone changes at the top and we go down a different path. Certainly not expecting that without a change of ownership though.
I had a serious operation a few years ago and missed quite a few games, and it is easy to get out of the habit. But I think the key to getting the excitement back may well be what another poster posted; moving to a seat where there's a bit of passion. I used to sit over in block 7 R End and there was very little passion. I now sit in block 5 and there are quite a few singers in that block as well as the main singers in block 4 and it does get infectious.
Last Saturday and the game against Sunderland for example, the atmosphere there was amazing as Gills dominated with attack after attack and multiple corners as they attacked the R End. Everyone was up on their feet trying to suck the ball in. I really don't think you could replicate that atmosphere anywhere as a Gills fan, it's what we look forward all week for. I went to see Chelsea/West Ham a few years ago, but I just politely applauded as it wasn't my team.
So I'd say forget about Scally in/out, once those boys get out on that pitch, get loud and proud and cheer them on.

I had a serious operation a few years ago and missed quite a few games, and it is easy to get out of the habit. But I think the key to getting the excitement back may well be what another poster posted; moving to a seat where there's a bit of passion. I used to sit over in block 7 R End and there was very little passion. I now sit in block 5 and there are quite a few singers in that block as well as the main singers in block 4 and it does get infectious.
Last Saturday and the game against Sunderland for example, the atmosphere there was amazing as Gills dominated with attack after attack and multiple corners as they attacked the R End. Everyone was up on their feet trying to suck the ball in. I really don't think you could replicate that atmosphere anywhere as a Gills fan, it's what we look forward all week for. I went to see Chelsea/West Ham a few years ago, but I just politely applauded as it wasn't my team.
So I'd say forget about Scally in/out, once those boys get out on that pitch, get loud and proud and cheer them on.

Thanks for the suggestion. Seat position isn't an issue.

I don't disagree with your view on atmosphere making the experience The Charlton game in particular was brilliant for that. Those days are few are far between now though.

I don't think you can have strong views on scally out and continue to endorse him through giving him your money.

I accept you can prefer he would go, but feel the status quo is the best thing for the club and continue do so. I understand and respect those who hold that view. I just lean further to out.

Hopefully the drop in ST sales will be a clear enough message to him that it's time to go. We will have to wait and see whether either of those things happen.