The Official Portsmouth Match Thread (Sponsored by Connor Ogilvie "for all your "it's a sideways move" needs") | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Official Portsmouth Match Thread (Sponsored by Connor Ogilvie "for all your "it's a sideways move" needs")

I won't want you to stop Mark! You are putting up well reasoned arguments for your view! I like to hear both sides of an argument, and you put your side very well, and like you say, you are only replying to posts aimed at your viewpoint. I'd rather you answer the case than those of the SOB!
I concur. The irony of the site's most self righteous windbag calling someone else out for being depressing....🙄

Gills58 - Post#136, think it was the early 70's when things got so bad that a group of us used to sit on the terrace at the front of the Rainham End and play Uka instead of watching the football.

*used to play Uka all the time, first at school and then later in the pub, for the life of me I cannot remember the rules or the scoring (guess after a couple of hands it would all come back, or maybe not :().

Gills58 - Post#136, think it was the early 70's when things got so bad that a group of us used to sit on the terrace at the front of the Rainham End and play Uka instead of watching the football.

*used to play Uka all the time, first at school and then later in the pub, for the life of me I cannot remember the rules or the scoring (guess after a couple of hands it would all come back, or maybe not :().

*Euchre

Played it in the local pubs Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes 👍

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euchre

5 months left of GFC and your season ticket, this site is for life Mark just remember that 😀

Cold Turkey for me. Any sign of weakness and this addiction will see me renewing my season ticket. :-) 😀

Once that final whistle is blown on the last game then I'm going into a self imposed exile.

Hopefully new ownership will follow in the coming years and I can get back to the Gills in the not too distant future.

I may become a lurker on here and check in every once in a while to see what the latest debate is over. Hopefully not brexit or scallywag ;-)

Cold Turkey for me. Any sign of weakness and this addiction will see me renewing my season ticket. :-) 😀

Once that final whistle is blown on the last game then I'm going into a self imposed exile.

Hopefully new ownership will follow in the coming years and I can get back to the Gills in the not too distant future.

I may become a lurker on here and check in every once in a while to see what the latest debate is over. Hopefully not brexit or scallywag ;-)
You won’t be back if you go Mark.
I have a family example of falling out of love with your club.
My brothers son in law and family were all lifelong Charlton ST holders.
They stopped going regularly during their rapid demise from the Premier League then started again and all bought STs when the new saviour Duchelet took over.
His reign was a disaster and they all stopped going again in protest and until Duchelet went.
Then the next saviour came along in the disguise of Sandgaard.
They all started going again until it became obvious that neither the new owner OR the new manager knew what they were doing.
So, they stopped going again while waiting for the next saviour.
In the meantime, they have got used to not going so it’s unlikely that any of them will regularly go again.
I think that it’s a bit like a marriage.
When the spark has gone, it’s gone.

Yes, you are right of course. Just corrected yet another typo of mine, Donny crowd was '72 not '82.

Thanks for the correct spelling, I could not find it earlier. Is it true it's only a popular Medway/Dockyard game?
We played it in Gravesend while supping Courage beer. 👍
When I were a lad, there were only two Shep pubs in the town. Prince Albert and The Call Boy.

You won’t be back if you go Mark.

You could be right I had a 3 year break when the kids were toddlers. I couldn't justify not spending the weekends with them. Surprisingly easy to stop and didn't miss it.

Not really enjoyed the last few years and for me there is less and less to enjoy as part of the match day experience. Scallywag over the last couple of years has been the final straw.

I really don't expect to miss it all.

Hopefully (for me) something/someone changes at the top and we go down a different path. Certainly not expecting that without a change of ownership though.

Serious question Mark have you thought about moving your seat ?
Block 6 does seem a little depressing these days .A lot of people have stopped going in our area.It is only a thought.i moved from block one about a decade ago but perhaps it is time to try somewhere else.I believe you can swap your seat officially a few times a season it might be worth trying.

Serious question Mark have you thought about moving your seat ?
Block 6 does seem a little depressing these days .A lot of people have stopped going in our area.It is only a thought.i moved from block one about a decade ago but perhaps it is time to try somewhere else.I believe you can swap your seat officially a few times a season it might be worth trying.

Thanks for the suggestion Chris but the seat location isn't the issue.

Mark should, for example, Colin Jarvis buy the club from Scally in the close season, Scally cuts all ties and retires to Dubai, would that be enough for you to definitely renew your season ticket? (I realise how unlikely this scenario is, just interested to see your answer).

Mark should, for example, Colin Jarvis buy the club from Scally in the close season, Scally cuts all ties and retires to Dubai, would that be enough for you to definitely renew your season ticket? (I realise how unlikely this scenario is, just interested to see your answer).

Or: should BFSE steer the club to playoff finals after a miraculous recovery that sees Shithole blossom in to L1 top scorer, would it rekindle your love?