The Official Oxford United Match Thread (sponsored by Swindon Town "for all your specious rivalry needs") | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Oxford United Match Thread (sponsored by Swindon Town "for all your specious rivalry needs")

From the cheer that went with it I thought oxford had scored. Gills in good voice by the sound of it!

Grew into that well after going behind and ended up looking reasonable going forward. Could have had another with a header that dropped just wide and a Danny Lloyd cross-shot that dipped just over. Defensively we look a little fragile though.

Reasonable turnout of Gills, decent volume at times but the bellend quota among our support has been ramped up since my last away day. Growing some bumfluff, wearing a Stone Island jumper and repeatedly yelling "your support is fucking shit" doesn't make you hard, it makes you look a tit. Stop it.

That said, I've barely heard a peep from the Oxford fans even after they scored, quieter than Priestfield by some margin.

We are probably defensively fragile because neither full backs are actually full backs and there is no holding midfielder.
One Charlton fan commented how poor our right back was last week without realising that he is not a full back.

Feel so sorry for Bennett hes got no pace, doing a job for the team and gets ripped to shreds by a pass behind him