The Official Oxford United Match Thread (sponsored by Swindon Town "for all your specious rivalry needs") | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Official Oxford United Match Thread (sponsored by Swindon Town "for all your specious rivalry needs")

Take the point all things considered.
If we can get some players back we might start moving upwards.

Goodnight all.
UTG!

Well earned point today it seems. although Away from home, we still seem to be to be hanging on a bit for the final 20 mins.

Thought he did ok today. Hung onto the ball had a couple of good flicks. Nothing special but what we needed.

I wasn't impressed at all. Seemed to want far too long on the ball any time it came to him. Gifted a decent chance to Oxford by hanging on to it for too long on the edge of our area, and wasted a couple of half decent attacking chances by taking too long to decide what to do with it.

Not that any of that excuses the actions that Herr Ljunga mentions.

Delighted by the result today a tough away game.Was that confident to be honest. I will have to catch up with more of the news from Oxford soon.

Akinde done himself no favours with his mystery injury and apparent lack of effort but there's no excuse for that.

Grew into that well after going behind and ended up looking reasonable going forward. Could have had another with a header that dropped just wide and a Danny Lloyd cross-shot that dipped just over. Defensively we look a little fragile though.

Reasonable turnout of Gills, decent volume at times but the bellend quota among our support has been ramped up since my last away day. Growing some bumfluff, wearing a Stone Island jumper and repeatedly yelling "your support is fucking shit" doesn't make you hard, it makes you look a tit. Stop it.

That said, I've barely heard a peep from the Oxford fans even after they scored, quieter than Priestfield by some margin.
When did you last go to Priestfield Mr Ljunga? I can't remember the last time the RE was quiet, it's been rocking lately. Last Tuesday against Charlton it was as loud as it's been for a very long time, with singing from all sides, fantastic atmosphere!

When did you last go to Priestfield Mr Ljunga? I can't remember the last time the RE was quiet, it's been rocking lately. Last Tuesday against Charlton it was as loud as it's been for a very long time, with singing from all sides, fantastic atmosphere!

It's been a while mate, did Pompey and West Ham at home in the space of a few days over Christmas/New Year 2020. A combination of Covid, band commitments and exile have kept me away since.

No problem slagging him off before or after the game but during does not move us forward.
Weren’t the issues afterwards? I don’t know what was said during the game but it sounds like another gutless performance. I personally wish he would fuck off. The lazy, workshy twat has outstayed his overpaid welcome.

Last edited: