The Official Newport County Match Thread (Sponsored by Neck Oil "for all your "oh shit I forgot" needs") | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Official Newport County Match Thread (Sponsored by Neck Oil "for all your "oh shit I forgot" needs")

Yep you are but its easier to scroll past, saves you getting bored.

Generally I'd agree with that approach but this Scally pulling the strings nonsense has gone on too long and In opposition to the facts. I have heard direct from the lips of Joe Compe commercial manager that the entire system and atmosphere has changed for the better. He confirmed that there is no interference from Scally, or anyone else.

The idea that a Scally centred fall out caused Paul Fisher to leave is also erroneous. The two are long term friends. Paul has said in my hearing that it was only that friendship that persuaded him to pause his other responsibilities. He also confirmed that Scally was no longer involved daily but was kept on for his experience and contacts relating to player recruitment and he's not even in charge of that.

People may wrongly speculate about Scally's megalomania but I and others can confirm their error. The Galinsons return to Kent this month and will stay on for the summer They give people their head but are not distant, or disengaged.

Paul Fisher was not certain he would stay after the takeover from the beginning. If he was to have stayed it would have been for an extended period, he quoted give years. I'd suggest that other projects and the smooth takeover and transformation aided his decision.

Last edited:
I don't think the Scally speculation would exist if Fish had not left in a pretty abrupt manner or some of the new management structure BG mentions had been named. Or did I miss that?

As it stands, Kelly Derham is the only name that I am aware of, and I think she is current acting as Secretary, and possibly financial planner of the company. So the question is, with the Galinsons not in the country, who else is in charge of the day to day?

EDIT - I see that jogills has just mentioned Joe Compe? Has anyone else heard that name before?

Maybe when the Galinsons are next in the country they will make a series of announcements and introductions to their new executive team which will put the Scally worries to bed.

Last edited:
Joe Comper is commercial manager.

As I understand it the Galinsons have and will divide up the business and have managers overseeing individual departments and leaving them to manager their own staff.

As GBN says the Fish leaving suddenly for whatever reason has caused some concern as when you listened to Fish at the Fans forum the way he was talking it wasn't as though he was planning on going anywhere anytime soon.Yes his circumstances outside of GFC may have changed but that then leads to the general distrust of many fans (especially SOB) to latch onto the PS theory.

One thing is clear, PS being a public face or figure at GFC is not a good thing moving forward. Use his skills behind the scenes by all means but more than that is asking for self inflicted unnecessary trouble IMO.

I don't know how clear I can be. I met with Paul Fisher before the takeover when the first Galinson rumours were circulating. A small meeting involving a handful of GST members. At that time we were all still fairly nervous about the future but everything Paul said about his own involvement was reassuring, so much so that we asked him to confirm he would stay on after any takeover. He couldn't and didn't make that commitment making clear that he had put a very busy career on hold to help out a friend and a club he supported. He thought he would have a decision to make between staying short term to make sure things went OK and alternatively signing a long term contract. If I was a betting man I'd have bet on the first option as I looked at him.

The football season divides our lives but it has little meaning to a decision like this one. In any event it's pretty much done, the new regime is in place, recruitmnent underway and the midwife has done his job. Time to move on but I'm sure he'll continue to follow GFC and to help in any way he can, no fall out.

I don't think the Scally speculation would exist if Fish had not left in a pretty abrupt manner or some of the new management structure BG mentions had been named. Or did I miss that?
I posted about it the other day in this thread.

Someone posted this on Twitter. Apparently Brads post on the “discussion forum” in answer to people saying “Scally is in control”.

Can’t bring myself to look on there myself.

1682991176549.jpeg1682991176549.jpeg

View attachment 65165