The Official Newport County Match Thread (Sponsored by Neck Oil "for all your "oh shit I forgot" needs") | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Official Newport County Match Thread (Sponsored by Neck Oil "for all your "oh shit I forgot" needs")

I don't think the pessimism of your last two posts will come to pass.

GST had a meeting pre-match with a member of Brad's management team.

It was at Priestfield. Something not possible for years, so a great improvement for fan engagement.

We were told that Brad has created a management structure with clear, distinct tasks.

More importantly, each Manager is expected to get on with his tasks.
For example if someone wants to try something, Brad generally says "go for it".
One exception was the Crawley "Pay what you can" because that had a significant cost, so Brad wanted to approve it.

If only we had read this topic before, we might have asked directly:
"Does Mr Scally run things in Brad's absence?"

All we can say is that there was no hint that Scally is running anything.
There was no suggestion that any of the management team have to defer to Scally. Quite the opposite.

In fact there were frequent, but diplomatic hints at change.
"Things are different than before."

If I was to speculate, Scally has been asked to limit his involvement to the aspect of player recruitment that is his contacts at other clubs.

I hope you are right.

I believe Fisher’s company was/is fairly new having been set up just after leaving the Jockey Club, it might just be that having helped steady the good ship GFC and overseeing the takeover it’s time for him to focus on that. Really don’t buy in to any fall out with anyone as not only has he been at all the matches since he also did a Q&A in the factory.

The Galinson’s are smart people. Scally isn’t running the club.

Fisher stated he was leaving to concentrate on his consultancy business, which could have been in trouble, and need immediate attention.
Why can't some people except that sometimes the truth is the simplest answer, and not always look for hidden reasons or conspiracy theories?

It might be as you say or might be more to it. We can only speculate based on what others say. We all have to decide whether to believe them or not.

Its all hearsay at the end of the day. Keeps us interested until the signings start

It might be as you say or might be more to it. We can only speculate based on what others say. We all have to decide whether to believe them or not.

Its all hearsay at the end of the day. Keeps us interested until the signings start
Given the teeney bit I know about football, I’d hazard an educated guess that Scally will be used by the new owners for two specific tasks of which he has great experience.
Contacts at other clubs and contract negotiations and dealings with agents.
I’d be very surprised, given Brad’s previous statements, that he will have anything to do with the day to day management.

Scally carried out the majority of the day-to-day running of the club as he was too cheap to hire a CEO/COO, so officially gave himself the title chairman/CEO.

From day one the Galinsons have made it clear they’ll hire a line of senior managers to carry out the daily management of operations.

That’s good enough for me.

If such a senior manager leaves with immediate effect then we should carry out a proper recruitment process to hire the best person for us.

Given the teeney bit I know about football, I’d hazard an educated guess that Scally will be used by the new owners for two specific tasks of which he has great experience.
Contacts at other clubs and contract negotiations and dealings with agents.
I’d be very surprised, given Brad’s previous statements, that he will have anything to do with the day to day management.

I agree with you but with a concern. That might be exactly what BG wants but im not sure someone who used to be 100% in charge will be used to following someone elses direction.

He could be an asset, equally he could create division. Thats my concern.

High ranking management I know often have longer notice periods. So it might be a few months before a replacement for Fisher is in place. These things take time. My own guess is that far from taking over Scally will be gradually taking small backward steps .Fisher's own businesses have possibly suffered from his absence you only have to watch dragons den to realise this is not inconsistent with what top business people will stay will happen with a smaller operation that I take it he has.

As for the match I am not that despondent. We need a few players we knew that but that match showed loud and clear the missing ingredients. Newport played well but we must improve. If Harris can't give clear enough directions to Hess and Jackett then it is better we know now. Meeting in the next few weeks will be important. Galinson needs to make the right moves.
I don't know if that will include Harris? But it is clear to me that Kenny Jackett needs to be sure we are heading in the right direction. I feel sure he will have a important role in the coming months.
A interesting few months ahead.
Often it is said contract talks upset the camp of course those situations include people not getting a offer .This could have had a affect yesterday?

I agree with you but with a concern. That might be exactly what BG wants but im not sure someone who used to be 100% in charge will be used to following someone elses direction.

He could be an asset, equally he could create division. Thats my concern.
Scally has no official role at the club anymore Mark, other than being a minority shareholder.
I’m pretty sure that he doesn’t attend on any regular basis.
Those days are over.
He’s in semi retirement.
Maybe he would personally find it difficult to let go, but that boat has sailed (to use his nautical phrases)
He’s sold up.
I’d imagine any interference would be clamped down on by the current owners.

Scally has no official role at the club anymore Mark, other than being a minority shareholder.
I’m pretty sure that he doesn’t attend on any regular basis.
Those days are over.
He’s in semi retirement.
Maybe he would personally find it difficult to let go, but that boat has sailed (to use his nautical phrases)
He’s sold up.
I’d imagine any interference would be clamped down on by the current owners.

Not true I'm afraid Shotshy. 1 - He's a director so an official role listed at Company house, 2 - He represented GFC when visiting our company to discuss sponsorship.

I wish you were correct though.

Not true I'm afraid Shotshy. 1 - He's a director so an official role listed at Company house, 2 - He represented GFC when visiting our company to discuss sponsorship.

I wish you were correct though.
That’s exactly the sort of things that directors do Mark.
That doesn’t mean that he is micro managing the day to day business.
I’d be surprised if he was.
I could easily be wrong and discover that he’s still running the show, making most decisions and working 60 hours a week as previously.
Only someone inside the club can confirm either way.

I could easily be wrong and discover that he’s still running the show, making most decisions and working 60 hours a week as previously.

I agree with you, just replying to your statement that he has no official role and doesn't attend on a regular basis. I doubt if he gets involved in the day to day stuff at all. Hopefully he's leaving that to others.

I’ve mentioned this previously, im a director of several companies and really only have day to day input in one of them.

Panicking re uncle Paul running the show
Needs to stop. As if someone would hand over a load of wedge £££££££ and let him carry on like it’s his train set. Simply wouldn’t happen.