The Official John Terry Thread | Page 57 | Vital Football

The Official John Terry Thread

Good luck & thanks. Maybe a fresh voice will help. Wasn’t it Jack Charlton who said players need a new voice? I know he was talking after 5 years, not 3, but changes keep things fresh.

Don't think there's much in the Swansea thing. Just bookies reacting to the news and covering themselves

JT says he's gonna take a few weeks off with family and then visit some clubs and managers around Europe.

Don't think there's much in the Swansea thing. Just bookies reacting to the news and covering themselves

JT says he's gonna take a few weeks off with family and then visit some clubs and managers around Europe.

If JT has any sense he won't touch the Swansea job. Steve Cooper left for a reason and they're not in the best place at the moment. Parachute payments have ran out and they will end up losing the likes of Ayew etc and may not have the financial capability to sign Hourihane on a permanent. I've noticed that the Bristol Rovers job is available if he's tempted to start a division lower down.

He was always going to move on at some point. I imagine he either has something lined up or is going to further his coaching education somewhere else.

I reckon he has gone about becoming a manger in a far better way than the likes of Lampard.

It will be interesting to see if his managerial career works out any better than Lampard, Rooney or even Neville.

At some point he has to pull the trigger.

I'm sorry JT has left.

It was always sort of reassuring seeing him in the dugout etc although I always got the feeling he was holding back from barking out orders from the touchline in order to not step on Dean Smith's toes which is understandable.

Good Luck JT wherever you end up.

Last edited:
It was only a matter of time before JT left. I think his aim was always to become a manager, and you can't begrudge him that. Thanks for your efforts both as a player and assistant coach.

Best of luck JT, hope you do well, but not against Villa when you come up against us in the future.

An excellent four years at the club. Quality on the pitch and has seemingly earned the respect of staff and players off it. Don’t think any Villa fan, whatever we thought of him before he arrived could have expected much more from the bloke. Served his apprenticeship and deserves his first crack as a boss wherever that might be. Good luck JT.

I'm sure we attracted some good players to come here knowing they would be working with him. All the best JT.

JT leaves us with my best wishes and I wish him every success in the future (except of course if he is in the away dugout at Villa Park).

I'm not as bothered as some. Sure he has experience and advised the defence. How well in relation to another defensive coach is impossible to say. He's never been the sharpest tool in the box. After seeing the Anton Ferdinand documentary recently where Terry refused to respond to him I was struck by his lack of humanity.