The Official John Terry Thread | Vital Football

The Official John Terry Thread

Well, whether you want him or not and if the £60k pw is accurate, if he chose 'lowly' Villa over the aforementioned PL giants or the unwashed, it makes a statement, albeit a rather obvious one. I can't honestly say he has been a massive favourite of mine but I have always admired him as a player and his commitment, passion and leadership cannot be questioned. If we can get him then do it. Look - we have been paying a few duds almost that much for the last few seasons. You could never call JT a dud - never in a million years. Is he the player he was at his peak? Nah, but on reflection his presence could be enough to change the direction the wind has blown the last few years. Also as a young lad, JT must have looked at Bruce and Pallister at Salford and thought ... ? I so hope he decides to come here, even just for a season, who knows where it could lead, who knows. Then if we could get a couple who can see a pass in midfield, well game on.

Will it be just down to money or would he like to come here and be the catalyst that takes Villa back up? How many of the 46 games would he expect to play? In all honesty he would bring a wealth of experience to the table on the training ground....

I would love him to come here for what ever reason.

"John Terry will head out to Portugal this week to sign his Aston Villa contract and meet up with his new team-mates for pre-season training, the Birmingham Mail understands.

Terry will become Steve Bruce’s first signing of the summer window when he finalises a one-year deal.

Villa have persuaded the 36-year-old former England captain to drop down to the Championship after ending a 20-year spell with Chelsea, where he achieved legend status."

Article.... http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-latest-13270250#ampshare=http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-latest-13270250

John Percy
2 JULY 2017 • 7:45PM
John Terry is poised to be confirmed as an Aston Villa player on Monday, in a huge coup for Steve Bruce.

Terry has agreed to sign for Villa on an initial 12-month deal to extend his playing career in the Championship, after rejecting at least 10 offers from around the world.

The former England and Chelsea captain, 36, has received contract proposals from clubs including Galatasaray, West Bromwich Albion and Swansea but is joining Villa after extensive talks in the past few days.

It is understood his contract will be worth a basic £60,000 a week with bonuses taking the overall package above £4 million a year.

Full Article.... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/02/john-terry-decides-join-aston-villa-will-sign-imminently/

It's being reported this afternoon that former Chelsea skipper John Terry is 'mulling' a number of options ahead of next season and Aston Villa are firmly in the mix.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523082">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Go to a mid to lower Premier League club with a potential relegation battle in the offing or come to Villa, lead us to promotion and become a legend all over again?
Hell of a choice!
I suppose it'll come down to money.

Probably the sort of leader and dare I say nasty git that maybe we need to not allow the rest of our team drift off and hide?

Silhillvilla - 2/7/2017 21:08

He could be our next manager if Bruce doesn't start getting us flying

Yes, as BB said earlier, bring back di Matteo and we'll win the Champions League :19:

All joking aside, I would be quite up for a John Terry player-manager role. What's the worst that could happen? Maybe he could be the new Steve Bruce.

I think anyone who doesn't want Terry needs a reality check.

At the moment as much as it pains me to say it we're a tin pot mid table Championship club.

We're not a club in a position to turn our noses up at a player with the quality, experience and leadership that Terry can offer.

Even at his age he'd be the best player in our squad by a mile. We don't have any players of Premiership quality, let alone Champions League and International quality. Ok he's not the Terry of 5 years ago, and he may have lost a bit of speed, and probably gets a few more aches and pains on a Sunday morning, but other than that he's the same guy.

If someone had told me a 36 year old defender would be the highlight of the transfer window this summer I may have jumped off the nearest cliff! Never would have crossed my mind that JT would even consider dropping down into the championship after leaving Chelsea and as John Percy suggests, I think this is a real coup for the club after such a depressing few years. We've been crying out for strong leadership on and off the pitch and JT will certainly give us that both on the pitch and also in the dressing room. Can you imagine him putting up with some of the antics we've seen in recent seasons? Full marks to Steve Bruce for persuading him to come and for Doctor Tony in backing him. :94:

Having said all that I still can't see it happening even with the current odds suggesting it's likely.

Seems to good to be true.

Villa 4/7
Blues 6/1
West Brom 12/1
Any Portuguese Club 14/1
Brighton / Fulham / Swansea 16/1
Bournemouth 20/1

Absolutely brilliant move by Bruce .
After last seasons largely shambolic campaign, Bruce has seen the size of the task and acted accordingly.
A minimum of 10 teams wanted JT including Smethwick and Small Heath Alliance so it's a massive coup. Will add at least 5000 onto the home gates aswell so an absolute win win .
Well done Bruce , well done Dr Xia .

Wow. Looks like Xia and Brucey have pulled it off. Time will tell whether his legs have gone or not but at this moment I am actually excited about Villa again. Going to be so weird having him at our club.

wouldn't want him as he's a classless scumbag
(and it'll all be about the 'Ledge' doing poor little Villa a favour)

as a player, despite a year not playing and his age, he'd be fine
(if we play deep so he doesn't get done for pace)

other areas need far more attention and it'll prob be Alex Bruce anyway innit
:8:

Same here BI, this has reignited my excitement about the coming season . It's the lift the club needs to be able to progress on all sorts of levels