The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 113 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Hope its not true that Reina coming with deal clinched by the promise of first team football. Nyland deserves the shirt, and not to lose it now, or as soon as he makes one mistake. Trust Sarkic will be sent back to Livingstone - needs game time too if Reina signs.

I doubt if anyone is Guaranteed to start but he will have been told he is number one until Heaton gets back next season.

The only player who has got away with starting every game has been Wesley That's the nearest I've ever seen to Guaranteed to start he must be Deans love child

Yep, we need to be realistic. Gayle is the kind of player we can attract atm. We aren’t going to be able to buy a “proven prem league striker”, so I’d take a player like Gayle.
Beggars can’t be choosers. And unfortunately at this time we are beggars.

Yeah, I'm not bigging up either Tekkers or Gayle as ideal signings and of course I've really got no idea what either of them can do in the PL these days but they're more on the mark for what I would imagine we can actually attract to VP in our current position than the likes of Piatek et al.

Ultimately, most of us think we've been playing all season without any presence up front so pretty much any swinging dicks up there would improve us, even if they've obviously not got real/long futures ahead of them in the first team/at the club.

In terms of keeping us up, players like those two may be enough to keep us up if our defence doesn't fall to pieces in the second half of the season.

Which once again has come down to poor planning from the board and Smith, I think it was stupid to start the season the way we did light on strikers and at least a winger, I mean with the injury records of Kodjia and Davis we should have at least got 2 and more so because we were trying to offload Kodjia.

I try and be relatively neutral on dissing the manager/board etc but for sure, and as you say, pointing out the injury records of the only two strikers we have it certainly doesn't look clever in hindsight.

It would be disgusting treatment of Nyland if he wasn't given the chance to keep his place as number 1. As said. Reina has not agreed to come here as back up.

Why, coz he's had 2 decent games? He was shit prior to that.

You're talking as though he's considering dropping Grealish.