The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 112 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

The Milan fans responses to his departure don't suggest much fondness that is for sure, albeit, it was twitter and people are so angry on there.

Not a great deal of choice, awful transfer window Jan, unless you really strike lucky.

Reckon that preparation and being prepared to pay the money would have more to do with it than luck tbh.
managers only get a few windows to try and improve their teams (and keep their jobs) - really should be making the most of them rather than scraping around at the bottom of the barrel.
big club ?

Reckon that preparation and being prepared to pay the money would have more to do with it than luck tbh.
managers only get a few windows to try and improve their teams (and keep their jobs) - really should be making the most of them rather than scraping around at the bottom of the barrel.
big club ?

But January is still a hell of a bad window if you are seriously in need, as we are. No one will be selling a top striker usually, we lucked out with Bent. Clubs are in the middle of their own battles, up top or down below in leagues.

It is a mess, but not sure Jan is going to get us out of it.

big club ?

Our previous plans would have changed on new years day with Wesley and Heaton going down. Also It’s not like the days of when we signed Bent, PL clubs don’t need to sell for the money anymore. I’m amazed people thought this window would be straight forward, it rarely is for anyone

But January is still a hell of a bad window if you are seriously in need, as we are. No one will be selling a top striker usually, we lucked out with Bent. Clubs are in the middle of their own battles, up top or down below in leagues.

So we have a classy experienced goal keeper and a midfielder that was the dogs 2 years ago that helped win the premiership, who may give Luiz/Makamba a nudge. Add Bowen and a striker from abroad with a decent scoring record and that’s as good as it gets. Outlay £20M up front with all the ridiculous add ons that goes with these transfers now.

Which once again has come down to poor planning from the board and Smith, I think it was stupid to start the season the way we did light on strikers and at least a winger, I mean with the injury records of Kodjia and Davis we should have at least got 2 and more so because we were trying to offload Kodjia.

No argument from me re the set up in the summer, not hindsight either, said at the time. Goalkeeper injury was a blow they couldn't have planned for though.

Which once again has come down to poor planning from the board and Smith, I think it was stupid to start the season the way we did light on strikers and at least a winger, I mean with the injury records of Kodjia and Davis we should have at least got 2 and more so because we were trying to offload Kodjia.
We all understand the FFP restrictions but, overall, recruitment has been below par. Perhaps,if we'd gone with Deanos choices, Maupay, Benrhama, Phillips and Webster, we'd have a mid table comfort zone to gloat about. Still think Bowen worth a punt.

Think they did plan for it. That's why we ended up with three keepers (Sarkic going out on loan) which it turned out we needed.

That's why we're signing another. You need depth in keepers. We'd have signed one even if Reina wasn't available. Time will tell who gets the number one slot.