The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 194 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Why when most think he would have been a better signing than those we have signed.

What we think doesn't matter . Just because you think we should have signed him doesn't make it the right signing.

Snodgrass might send us down aswell. Where do you draw the line on players we could have signed in your opinion, the whole west ham current squad.

But he's a goalscorer.
So was Paul Warhurst from centre-half before they stuck him up front - you wouldn't want us signing today's equivalent of him would you?

My only issue on signing Bowen is how to get him and Jack in the same team, as although they are different, it's basically the same position.

So was Paul Warhurst from centre-half before they stuck him up front - you wouldn't want us signing today's equivalent of him would you?

My only issue on signing Bowen is how to get him and Jack in the same team, as although they are different, it's basically the same position.

I would have seen him more as a replacement for El Ghazi.

I would have seen him more as a replacement for El Ghazi.
I get that, but at least from what I've seen he's moved from the wider positions now into a more central role and performed even better, so it's the shoe horn issue again.

I'd still rather us have got him and dealt with that problem down the line, but what I want may not be what Mr Bowen wants lol

I think people are forgetting that this window has been screwed by our injuries . Injuries obtained just before and even the day the window opened. Plans were torn up .

Had McGinn not been injured we wouldn't have signed Drinkwater.

Had Heaton not been injured we wouldn't have signed Reina.

Had Wesley not been injured we wouldn't be signing Borat or whatever he is called. We would have signed one striker and that was Samagoal. With keinan seemingly firmly in Deanos plans. I think we would have gone with Wesley, Samagoal and Keinan for the remainder.

Very worrying , we needed a more dynamic , quick forward , we seem to be stuck with this big forward model , look at Man City , Liverpool .... fast, agile and extremely hard working, Baston certainly doesn’t fit that criteria.
Think the whole scouting and SUSO’s role need a review !!
I'd hardly call Samatta John Hartson.

Still a bit gutted about Bowen, but overall this hasn't been a bad window. At the end of the day, every panic buy we get in this window needs to be paid wages for a potentially long time. Let's hope we get enough to tide us over and select some players from a bigger gene pool over the summer. I'd rather not get stuck with an overpriced January panic striker for 4 years. Maybe this Baston guy will do something worth while. If he earns us even one point, then it isn't bad business

Still a bit gutted about Bowen, but overall this hasn't been a bad window. At the end of the day, every panic buy we get in this window needs to be paid wages for a potentially long time. Let's hope we get enough to tide us over and select some players from a bigger gene pool over the summer. I'd rather not get stuck with an overpriced January panic striker for 4 years. Maybe this Baston guy will do something worth while. If he earns us even one point, then it isn't bad business

Nah, haven’t you heard, somebody’s brothers uncles mate has heard from someone who cuts his hair that Baston is shit. So it’s official 😄

Has Bowen signed for the Spammers? Haven't seen it confirmed, and even Brexit has happened in the time it's taken for him to sign.

On a side note, Tom Carroll has had his contract terminated at 27. Feel a bit sorry for him with all the injuries, he'll have earned decent money but he'll need to fall back on another career I guess later on in life. Tough for him