The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 197 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Well we needed 2 strikers and we got them. We needed an experienced keeper to replace Heaton and we got one. We needed a midfielder to replace Mcginn and we got one. I'd have liked to see another winger and centre back as Chester has gone though.

Drinkwater I'm unsure of. With more games he could be useful I suppose. Reina I think will prove an excellent signing. Still looks to have it and already proving to be a good character. I like the look of Samatta and think the more he plays and trains with us then the goals will come. Baston we'll see. A big man coming off the bench is a nice option to have and he has done the business in Spain before his disaster at Swansea but they managed to make Tammy look crap so I won't judge him on that.

Obviously I'd have loved us to splash the cash and get Piatek, Bowen and whoever else but I don't know the financel situation regarding ffp. If those running the club think we couldn't go spend 60m or so this January then based on what I've seen of them so far I'll trust them. Should we stay up and more money isn't available in the summer that might start to change though.

Let's be honest we all had to Google Baston, none of us has seen him play. So we have no choice but to trust the Villa staff and get behind the lad he might be better than Samatta. He's played at a higher level and scored goals and he sure can't be any worse than Wesley.
That's my take on it.

There’s a dearth of decent strikers out there, can’t say I was excited by any of the names mentioned. As for Bowen, I’ve never seen him play 90 minutes, thought he was a winger in which case he had to replace Ahmed or Trez who are contributing well to the team effort. It’s a psychological boost to the team to get reinforcements in and seems like a worthwhile punt to me on all the incomings. Now, like many times before, we simply have to wait and see.

Now that the window has SLAMMED shut, I thought it might be appropriate to highlight the fact that another Villa fan that has scored against us in the Championship has not been touted around by the journos as a perfect fit for our club. Why has Joe Lolley not been receiving the clamour that Bowen was attracting?
The fact that Bowen twisted the arms of the Dildo Brothers to get more money before he signed indicates where his ambitions lie - better off without I feel.
Now let's get back to Lolley..... is he already on the radar for July??
Just hope he scores a hat trick today against you know who......

There’s a dearth of decent strikers out there, can’t say I was excited by any of the names mentioned. As for Bowen, I’ve never seen him play 90 minutes, thought he was a winger in which case he had to replace Ahmed or Trez who are contributing well to the team effort. It’s a psychological boost to the team to get reinforcements in and seems like a worthwhile punt to me on all the incomings. Now, like many times before, we simply have to wait and see.

Exactly I had to google all the players we were linked with except Drinkwater and Reina.

I was thinking that this morning, Withe was a joke of signing after being got rid of by Cloughie to second div Newcastle and we paid 500k for him which was way too much at the time

Yes so underwhelming after losing someone like Andy Gray. But turned out to the missing piece of the jigsaw with such an intelligent touch that I certainly never expected.

Yes so underwhelming after losing someone like Andy Gray. But turned out to the missing piece of the jigsaw with such an intelligent touch that I certainly never expected.
And here lies the moral of the story. Just because the player has not come in for £75m and arrived from Barca or Real, it doesn't mean to say that he won't fit in and deliver the goods on match day. How many seasons did Vardy languish in the lower divisions before he finally clicked?
Let's give Baston the chance that he needs and only start to say that he is crap at the end of the season when he has no goals and we are relegated.
As soon as he pulls on that famous jersey he should get our total support

18 Months ago:

Ffs. Is this it? Some crappy midfielder from a mickey mouse league. He doesn't even start for Scotland and they're crap.

12 Months ago:

Jesus christ, why we signing this fella? Always injured and can't get in a shit Bournemouth defence even when players are injured.

Yesterday:

Why the hell we signing him? He can't even get in a mid table championship team.

Maybe, just maybe, the decision makers have seen something the rest of us havent. Again.

18 Months ago:

Ffs. Is this it? Some crappy midfielder from a mickey mouse league. He doesn't even start for Scotland and they're crap.

12 Months ago:

Jesus christ, why we signing this fella? Always injured and can't get in a shit Bournemouth defence even when players are injured.

Yesterday:

Why the hell we signing him? He can't even get in a mid table championship team.

Maybe, just maybe, the decision makers have seen something the rest of us havent. Again.

Yes - and your avatar picture is another prime example.
"Why are we signing an injury prone piss head who has been drummed out of Man Utd?"

18 Months ago:

12 Months ago:

Yesterday:

Tut tut, the armchair Directors of Football are never wrong :wagging:

Not buying this Bowen is West Ham’s saviour malarky. He’ll be taking Snograss’s spot and he’s their biggest goal threat right now.

I also think ffp is obviously a hindrance. This whole jan has been 1 in 1 out. If that's the case then we’ve done very well to get where we are with positions covered. I’m not exactly ecstatic with what we’ve done, to say the least, but i understand the limitations and i definitely don’t want to risk the future of the club (buying an overpriced/payed Bowen).

Think some are going to little overboard with the doom and gloom!

Not buying this Bowen is West Ham’s saviour malarky. He’ll be taking Snograss’s spot and he’s their biggest goal threat right now.

I also think ffp is obviously a hindrance. This whole jan has been 1 in 1 out. If that's the case then we’ve done very well to get where we are with positions covered. I’m not exactly ecstatic with what we’ve done, to say the least, but i understand the limitations and i definitely don’t want to risk the future of the club (buying an overpriced/payed Bowen).

Think some are going to little overboard with the doom and gloom!

Snods is hitting some good form and seems to really step up against the teams around them.

Only thing I would say though is they can play Bowen wider on the left and Snods likes playing on the right as we know.

Big thing about Bowen for me (sorry all I’ll get over it soon) is his versatility across the forward line. You could play him anywhere from wide left to wide right, to down the middle (just not isolated) and he’d do a good job. Potential sell on value is big too if he improves further.