The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 196 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Bowen would have been a statement.

Sorry, a Championship winger, with no top level experience whatsoever, is now considered a statement signing?!

The game has changed in that case.

Back to the discussion of our new (most likely third choice) striker: just to offer some comparison, in all competitions since 2016/17 season (when Borja joined Swansea) his stats are:

91 appearances, totalling 3657 minutes. Of which 51 of those appearances were starts. He scored 14 goals in that time (261mins per goal), assisting 1.

Whereas Benteke, who some were clamouring for and desperate to get back has the following in the same time period:

106 appearances, totalling 6943 minutes. 76 of those were starts and he scored 21 times in the period (330mins per goal), assisting 9.

I'll add as a cavet in the balance of fairness that it is probably worth pointing out 17 of those Benteke goals were in 16/17 season. His stats are very much skewed based on that year.

What we think doesn't matter . Just because you think we should have signed him doesn't make it the right signing.

Snodgrass might send us down aswell. Where do you draw the line on players we could have signed in your opinion, the whole west ham current squad.

We could have signed Darren Randolph rather than Pepe Reina......I fancy him to ping one in from a goal kick last day of the season....

The Bowen love in needs to stop a slightly better than average championship forward was not the answer to our prayers.

I know a lot of people who have played with and against him who can’t even believe he’s made it to the championship.

Yes he might of been a late developer and might turn out to be half decent but a statement signing?
Do me a favour.....

This current fad of self flagellation over players not signing is utterly bizarre.

First Maupay, now Bowen.

Wouldn't mind if they were at Bodymoor Heath holding the shirt up only to do an Unsworth. But them signing are all a figment of the imagination and their non signing is subsequently used as a stick to beat the club with and comes across as an agenda. Not saying everything is set up perfectly but it's like some are believing that the likes of Maupay and Bowen were offered on a plate. This isn't a computer football management game, it's a whole lot more complicated than sitting there on a keyboard saying ' I think player A is a good player we should sign him'. No one has a clue what is going on, what has gone on, what action has been taken or not taken. Or ...shock....horror ...maybe the player themselves wasn't up for moving to us or the blood sucking leech of an agent is trying to stiff the club for millions and it is our hierarchy that is trying to protect our club and the non signing is all down to the players side of things. Yet the default position is everyone at the club is incompetent , the director of football has a juvenile nickname just because they do something different to someone's casual musings on a football forum.

The Bowen love in needs to stop a slightly better than average championship forward was not the answer to our prayers.

I know a lot of people who have played with and against him who can’t even believe he’s made it to the championship.

Yes he might of been a late developer and might turn out to be half decent but a statement signing?
Do me a favour.....
I think he would have been brilliant in the future for us on right in a 433 with McGinn back but 80k a week West Ham have allegedly signed him up for no way. I hope so much they go down

I think he would have been brilliant in the future for us on right in a 433 with McGinn back but 80k a week West Ham have allegedly signed him up for no way. I hope so much they go down

If 80k a week is true and refusing a cut if relegated we are well out of it. Fair enough for a proven premier goal scorer but for a lad who scores in the championship? Another sign of how desperate clubs are to stay in the greed league.

Holy fook! Is this for real?

"United, according to the report, will pay a third of Ighalo's wages during his time at Old Trafford. This works out at £100,000 a week. Ighalo, who has just under two years left on his contract with Chinese Super League outfit Shanghai Shenhua, is currently earning an astronomical £300,000-a-week."

Holy fook! Is this for real?

"United, according to the report, will pay a third of Ighalo's wages during his time at Old Trafford. This works out at £100,000 a week. Ighalo, who has just under two years left on his contract with Chinese Super League outfit Shanghai Shenhua, is currently earning an astronomical £300,000-a-week."
Bonkers. Wonder how much Baston Villa are paying Borja though?

End of the day, this new striker is a back up to Samatta. No need to get over excited or pissed off with it, he's a body who if he does a few things that get us a point every now and again that'll do
What's samatta ? Who needs strikers with PL experience anyway??

Do me a favour.....

I’ll start off by saying I would have loved Bowen however it’s like Mitrovic I don’t fully get the clamor for him. They’re Championship players, players no one moved for all summer so on that basis I can only suggest it’s probably a massive gamble.

I am not surprised West Ham took him, they’re terribly run and nobody was prepared to pay over the odds and pin their hopes on a player from the championship. Albeit one who looks mighty good based on a single reference point, goals scored in the second tier of the English league system.

I am happy enough with the window purely because I’ve not a notion about who we really might have missed our on. I’m upset a little about the lad from Milan going to Germany, with that said have I ever even seen a single second of him play? No.

Poor window in my opinion, praying for no more injuries and for McGinn to defy logic.

And goals still to come from our midfielders.

Well yes, we certainly never got who we wanted and by we I mean Villa, there's no way we waited until the last minutes of the window to sign a free from Swansea, we've been let down by players Deano wanted.

Just have to see how it goes and hope the lads respond as they did against Leicester and the luck we had against them also hold as Luck is a very big thing in football