The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Criminal that we began the season without an adequate strike force.
Massive oversight and could end up being very costly.
No chance it was an oversight....it was just sod's law - you can't guarantee a deal or a player will sign.

I don't believe for a second Wes was our only target - fitness and attitude doubts over Kod. Davis is promising but has no goal record etc.

Nobody really setting the world alight in terms of youngsters - Archer/RHM etc.

I'm not 100% we were ever in for him, but if we were - all things relative - he didn't work with Smith for long, I could see him believing BHA were more likely to survive again and with wage growth restriction under FFP, they bizarrely could offer a bit more than us.

I reserve the right to change my tune in January because I don't expect us to do much business but a striker is a must and if we do cash in on Kod given the speculation, that should be two strikers - minimum.

Given the accepted belief was Wes wasn't an out and out target man....for now....we missed out on a main target for me and given time constraints 'he' was the other priority and we didn't have other options.

Other options for January should've been built Sep 1.

I know there's a few old boys on here so the whole Instagram thing might go over your experienced and wise heads... :fish:

Jarrod Bowen recently followed the official Villa page and a bunch of Villa players. For context, the only other football club he follows on there is Hull. These things have happened with other players and other clubs before and usually means nothing but it's obviously stoked the fire a bit amongst the transfer rumour circles.

He distanced him self from the he/his Dad is a Villa fan rumours I think as well, so it's not like he's just following his boyhood club and it's strange that he'd decide to start following the page now.

Make of it what you will, I for one shall take it as a faint glimmer of hope, for now!

I know there's a few old boys on here so the whole Instagram thing might go over your experienced and wise heads... :fish:

Jarrod Bowen recently followed the official Villa page and a bunch of Villa players. For context, the only other football club he follows on there is Hull. These things have happened with other players and other clubs before and usually means nothing but it's obviously stoked the fire a bit amongst the transfer rumour circles.

He distanced him self from the he/his Dad is a Villa fan rumours I think as well, so it's not like he's just following his boyhood club and it's strange that he'd decide to start following the page now.

Make of it what you will, I for one shall take it as a faint glimmer of hope, for now!

I know of telegram. What is instagram ?

:grinning:

Oh god, not Lionel Cristiano Pele Maupay being mentioned again.

:cry:
Maupay is no Peter Withe or Andy Gray but his is an upgrade on Wes,Keinan and Jimmy. Hopefully Bowen will be a late Xmas present. To continue as we are is most likely to repeat the first part of the season. Deano will have options,just hope Bowen is number one.

I read an interview once that he’s a baggie fan but his dad is a Villa fan. I don’t think players’ boyhood clubs count for much but if your dad supports someone surely he’s the person you want to make the most happy :grinning:

Maupay is no Peter Withe or Andy Gray but his is an upgrade on Wes,Keinan and Jimmy. Hopefully Bowen will be a late Xmas present. To continue as we are is most likely to repeat the first part of the season. Deano will have options,just hope Bowen is number one.

Go on then , convince me. Make a case for Maupay being an 'upgrade' .

The only reason I would have liked Maupay is because he's different to what we already have.

We have 2 big lumps and a solo artist. It might have been beneficial to have a player like Maupay who is a pain in the arse and won't let the defenders rest, if we were looking for an older model, then Shane Long, but Maupay seems to have more goals in him.

He isn't the second coming of fucking Pele, but he would have been a useful addition. But we can forget about him now and maybe look to Bowen in January who seems a similar player from memory.

The only reason I would have liked Maupay is because he's different to what we already have.

We have 2 big lumps and a solo artist. It might have been beneficial to have a player like Maupay who is a pain in the arse and won't let the defenders rest, if we were looking for an older model, then Shane Long, but Maupay seems to have more goals in him.

He isn't the second coming of fucking Pele, but he would have been a useful addition. But we can forget about him now and maybe look to Bowen in January who seems a similar player from memory.

Sorry bud but Shane Long is a terrible example. A shocking player with a terrible scoring record in the greed league . If we are looking for a type like him then we are fcuked

I can give loads of examples of players different to what we have but doesn't mean they are any good.
Just baffles me how so many seem to have watched Maupay so much that he is considered an upgrade or indeed the answer to our problems up front.

Sorry bud but Shane Long is a terrible example. A shocking player with a terrible scoring record in the greed league . If we are looking for a type like him then we are fcuked

I can give loads of examples of players different to what we have but doesn't mean they are any good.
Just baffles me how so many seem to have watched Maupay so much that he is considered an upgrade or indeed the answer to our problems up front.

To be fair MD, I thinking "shocking player" is a bit harsh. In his prime he was a pest and wouldn't let defenders rest. Maupay is the same. That's all.

He wouldn't have been an upgrade or the answer to everything, but he would have been a different option to have. You don't think it's good to have options? Or must all players fit into the "style" which is what exactly anyway?

I said going into the season (and I wasn't the only one) that we needed another striker, but a lot of people here thought we would be fine. I think the reason Maupay comes up a lot is because we were interested and so was he. That's all there is to it really.

To be fair MD, I thinking "shocking player" is a bit harsh. In his prime he was a pest and wouldn't let defenders rest. Maupay is the same. That's all.

He wouldn't have been an upgrade or the answer to everything, but he would have been a different option to have. You don't think it's good to have options? Or must all players fit into the "style" which is what exactly anyway?

I said going into the season (and I wasn't the only one) that we needed another striker, but a lot of people here thought we would be fine. I think the reason Maupay comes up a lot is because we were interested and so was he. That's all there is to it really.

Has Shane Long ever had a prime?.

Agree we need options. As soon as the window SLAMMED SHUT I said we have had a mare not getting a further striker in. I didn't think it would be fine. Plenty of other strikers out there we could have gone for that better than maupay but for some reason people keep going back to Maupay.

Has Shane Long ever had a prime?.

Agree we need options. As soon as the window SLAMMED SHUT I said we have had a mare not getting a further striker in. I didn't think it would be fine. Plenty of other strikers out there we could have gone for that better than maupay but for some reason people keep going back to Maupay.

Well for someone who scores no goals he sure scored a lot against us back a few years ago.

As I said, I think the only reason Maupay keeps coming back is because there was interest from us (didn't Deano say they wanted too much?) and he whored himself to us after Deano left Brentford. So when we don't sign him or anyone else, then naturally people will be saying "we should have signed Maupay!" etc.

Agree, there could have been better options out there, but nothing happened. I sure as shit hope something happens in January because we need something different now and again from Big Wes being a big useless bitch every other week.

I said it last night, I'm not sure Maupay was a prime target as in a race between us and any other Prem side - the Prem side wins on wages.

We missed out somebody though, but not him, as he was saying the same about other interested Prem clubs - and he didn't work with Smith for that long.

Stephen,agree with every word till your view of Bowen and Maupay as being similar players. 100 per cent not.

Stephen,agree with every word till your view of Bowen and Maupay as being similar players. 100 per cent not.

My only real recollection of him is when he scored at Villa Park a few seasons in a row, and me hating him because he was causing all sorts of problems, like the pesty Maupay.

But I'll take your word for it JP. How would describe him?

My only real recollection of him is when he scored at Villa Park a few seasons in a row, and me hating him because he was causing all sorts of problems, like the pesty Maupay.

But I'll take your word for it JP. How would describe him?

Sorry to butt in.

I can describe him.

Stealing a living.

92 goals in 417 league appearances.

12 seasons in the premier league and hit double figures only once (10 goals in 2015/16).

Sorry. When was this prime apart from scoring a few times against us when we were absolutely toilet.