The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Jarrod Bowen. Lazy jounalism linking the lad from a Villa family or does it have legs?

He's identikit for us. Young, pedigree, very cheap ( out of contract in summer). Basically, risk free.

We only play one striker so in my mind, that rules out a big money striker. Big money wide man though...

Wouldn't mind Bowen, we could probably get him at a decent price too to be honest.

Bowen is exactly what we need, as he likes to cut in and is very direct, which would help big Wesley out.

If the likes of West Ham are interested, it would make more sense for him to come here. I really feel if we don’t get him it could be a missed opportunity similar to the Tim Cahill and Sneijder (if that one was true) when they were relatively unknown.

Must admit I've seen Bowen score against us a couple of times but I couldn't honestly tell you what else he's done in a game.
Can't say Hull are a team I watch really.
Are we not just going on stats again, I don't know is my answer

We only play one striker so in my mind, that rules out a big money striker. Big money wide man though..

I think we need both. Unless Wes begins to cut it then we really need a striker to at least occupy the opposition and bother them, let alone score goals.

I think we need both. Unless Wes begins to cut it then we really need a striker to at least occupy the opposition and bother them, let alone score goals.
With the obvious proviso that Bowen plays in the Championship and we have seen the huge jump in quality this season,Bowen has outstanding Stats. He has scored consistently in an average team but offers a football brain which,with his physical ability and his goals, suggests that this could be a steal.

The BBC gossip has Bale and Pogba being swapped in January. Bale was supposed to go to China on a free last summer so are Utd giving Pogba away for basically nothing?

Zlatan wants £900k a month from his next club. Is that $1m?

I just can't see Morelos. We've pretty much said we are not interested and we've been linked with him repeatedly for over 3 years now. A period covering 3 different managers. It's just recycled bollocks. Of course if someone else signs him we'll all be moaning about it.

Jarrod Bowen. Lazy jounalism linking the lad from a Villa family or does it have legs?

He's identikit for us. Young, pedigree, very cheap ( out of contract in summer). Basically, risk free.

We only play one striker so in my mind, that rules out a big money striker. Big money wide man though...
I believe Hull have a 12 month option.

Apparently, Barca want Vertongen and Alderwiereld. Spuds need so much squad surgery they are going to end up like us with 8 new players in their first XI.

Have been a big advocate of Bowen for a while. Fits the profile of player and his record over the last couple seasons is brilliant. If we can get him for £20m or under, in today's market, I'd be very happy with that. A contract extension would see that jump at least another £10m, I think.

Regarding the striker situation, we just need a reliable finisher. I suppose there are a number of things you could critique Wesley for but his hit and miss finishing is the most worrying for me. We create chances and you never know if he's going to bang it in the back of the net or fluff it into row Z.

Imagine if we had a Darren Bent in the side, someone who gets into the right place at the right time and puts everything away, we'd be up with Sheffield United right now.

This is why I'd be very happy with Giroud on a short term contract. Good finisher, better hold up play and brings others into the game. A bit of a French Heskey with a better finish. I don't know how realistic these things are but if you could get Giroud for the reported £7m and then put some kind of clause in the contract where he triggers a year extension if he hits 10 goals by the end of the season, that'd work well for me.

That way, if he proves to be passed it, we get rid of his haggard, old legs at the end of the season and we scratch it off as a bad experiment, alternatively, if he shows he's still a useful player, we can keep him for another season and probably relegate him to second fiddle.

"Zlatan wants £900k a month from his next club. Is that $1m? "

So £6 million to stay up ?
With his confident ego it could be arranged around goals scored, assists and league position.
The marketing opportunities, worldwide, for such a big name would also recoup much of the outlay

Girou
Have been a big advocate of Bowen for a while. Fits the profile of player and his record over the last couple seasons is brilliant. If we can get him for £20m or under, in today's market, I'd be very happy with that. A contract extension would see that jump at least another £10m, I think.

Regarding the striker situation, we just need a reliable finisher. I suppose there are a number of things you could critique Wesley for but his hit and miss finishing is the most worrying for me. We create chances and you never know if he's going to bang it in the back of the net or fluff it into row Z.

Imagine if we had a Darren Bent in the side, someone who gets into the right place at the right time and puts everything away, we'd be up with Sheffield United right now.

This is why I'd be very happy with Giroud on a short term contract. Good finisher, better hold up play and brings others into the game. A bit of a French Heskey with a better finish. I don't know how realistic these things are but if you could get Giroud for the reported £7m and then put some kind of clause in the contract where he triggers a year extension if he hits 10 goals by the end of the season, that'd work well for me.

That way, if he proves to be passed it, we get rid of his haggard, old legs at the end of the season and we scratch it off as a bad experiment, alternatively, if he shows he's still a useful player, we can keep him for another season and probably relegate him to second fiddle.
. Giroud- Bowen combination, crikey, suddenly we have a forward line.

"Zlatan wants £900k a month from his next club. Is that $1m? "

So £6 million to stay up ?
With his confident ego it could be arranged around goals scored, assists and league position.
The marketing opportunities, worldwide, for such a big name would also recoup much of the outlay

Get it done.