The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 140 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Kodjia is due for a medical in Doha tomorrow to join Al Gharafa according to the club themselves

The version of him we signed could have made the step up to the Premier league but that injury he got at the end of his first season really did him in. I'd hoped that he would relish the challenge this season but he's just never seemed bothered at any point. Hopefully him leaving means another striker is coming in soon.

The version of him we signed could have made the step up to the Premier league but that injury he got at the end of his first season really did him in. I'd hoped that he would relish the challenge this season but he's just never seemed bothered at any point. Hopefully him leaving means another striker is coming in soon.

Chicken and Egg, was he not bothered because he wasn't playing or not playing because he wasn't bothered

Says it all about him that he’ll end up in the Qatari league, cash and no effort what more could he want

It’s probably his last move so I’m not going to criticise him for making some money out of it. He’ll earn more over there than he would in the championship. I think he’s probably lost interest as he’s been sitting on the bench all season watching Wes struggle and still not had a look in.

Can't get excited about some player I know nothing about playing in a league that is a level below our Championship. Have we not learnt this lesson yet? Wesley and Nakamba are not Premier League standard. We got lucky with Benteke and he did well for us but he's not exactly ripping it up at Palace is he? And this new guy will set us back £8.5m too. If he was that good the big boys would have been sniffing around long before now. This smacks of desperation or a hit and hope.

Aston Villa's transfer dealings over the summer were largely left field as we looked to rebuild our depleted squad ahead of our return to the Premier League and we've definitely see a few hits and misses so far, so with reports saying we are close to striking a deal for Genk attacker Mbwana Samatta, plenty of fans will be keeping their counsel.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...illa-return-to-belgium-for-ebony-shoe-winner/
I see we’ve learnt our lesson from the summer then! Not impressed at all. Who is still making these decisions? I doubt this is Deano’s decision (note. he was talking about how hard ‘the powers that be’ are working) but he’ll still get the blame when it doesn’t work. Ridiculous

The really big boys don’t sniff around the Belgian league unless it’s super obvious a player is or will be world class. They can afford to go for more sure fire things, proven at the top level. It’s why you so rarely hear of top clubs buying lower league players. It happens, but very rarely. They don’t have to risk it when they could just buy a player once they’ve had a successful season or two at top level.

I see we’ve learnt our lesson from the summer then! Not impressed at all. Who is still making these decisions? I doubt this is Deano’s decision (note. he was talking about how hard ‘the powers that be’ are working) but he’ll still get the blame when it doesn’t work. Ridiculous

Must admit I always referred to the powers that be when I didn't agree with management at work, which was most of the time to be honest