The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 139 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

I can't pretend to be too excited about a player that I haven't heard of before today. But he looks the part, a player that looks mobile at the peak of his years and looks eager to prove himself at a higher level with the fee being bandied about as negligible. Let's hope it all works out - I just hope he isn't the only striker heading to VP before the deadline

He was linked in the summer but we decided to spend over twice as much on Wesley , probably because he is younger and we might get a profit on him, that went well

Kodjia off to Qatar according to the rumour mill. The second striker will be a loan. If we want someone with Premier League experience lets go and pick Benteke up from Palace on the way down to Brighton now we've got someone who has scored against Liverpool this season! ;)

Looks like the work permit hurdle will have to be crossed. Again :arrghh:

Lot of unknowns, of course. Will he settle in, and how long to do it? Can he turn potential into results? Etc etc. But...

There are good signs. He looks fast, confident and dangerous, and he has useful experience. He's captain of Genk and Tanzania so maybe he's the leader up front we need rather than a trainee like Wesley.

Put him, Jack and El Ghazi together and it could well be tasty.

I remember Sam Allardyce saying he used to use Championship Manager as a starting point, and then do his own scouting from there.

It makes sense. These games companies literally send hundreds of scouts around the world to look at these players. You might as well listen to their opinion and then go and do your own research on top.

There was a lower league team who researched and ended bought players from champ man. I believe EIDOS or whatever they’re called were putting a lot of resource into research, so a lower league team with a small budget it made sense.

Looks like Bowen is going to Leeds for a 3m loan fee until end of season, then another 15m if you want to keep him.

Looks a no-brainer to me, surprised we aren`t in for a bit of this.

No chance Hull would settle for that. If he was available on loan there would be plenty of PL teams interested, Only reason he is still there is they want big money

I think Bowen will wait until the summer unless crazy money is offered. Hull are in with a chance of the playoffs and would be completely screwed if Bowen was sold.

I'd be amazed if Hull settled for that. If rumours were correct last summer, they rejected offers of £20million but £25million may have done it.

The only way I see a deal like that is if Bowen has kicked up a stint, but he'd have Prem suitors for that surely? 6 months to judge if he can step up and no obligation to buy if he can't?

A stink even, not sure what kicking up a stint is?

I'd caught nothing either, but at least then that type of deal might make more sense.

Kodjia off to Qatar according to the rumour mill. The second striker will be a loan. If we want someone with Premier League experience lets go and pick Benteke up from Palace on the way down to Brighton now we've got someone who has scored against Liverpool this season! ;)

It may well be Slimani on loan till the end of the season with an option to buy or very similar?

I remember Sam Allardyce saying he used to use Championship Manager as a starting point, and then do his own scouting from there.

It makes sense. These games companies literally send hundreds of scouts around the world to look at these players. You might as well listen to their opinion and then go and do your own research on top.

My old work mate did an internship with a video games company (on a manager game) and he used to get scouts from lower leagues calling him them up for tips, so they do use it in some capacity