The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

BB I find forums strange places, one thing I do know is we all want the same thing, Villa to be successful. Problem with the written word is it doesn't always come across as it was meant.
Some football fans see any criticism of their beloved club as a personal attack on them and will defend its honour at all costs others will debate the good but ignore any issues that may cause offence.
Most will realise the need to debate the good the bad and the ugly.

Personally I never see the need to spin the good bits to me they are a given.
I've always worked in a job that requires continuous improvement and I bring this to me every day thinking.
To me, even a win can be improved on and our best player can always do something even better.
See to me I'm realistic with a very big Villa bias but to others, I'm negative because I'm never satisfied and dare criticise their beloved club which is obviously the best in the world.

That's why at the moment I see Wesley as a big lumbering lump just as everyone does really but some want to gloss over that and see potential because they have optimism or blind faith. If he played for another club I very much doubt there would be a queue of Villans wanting him at Villa based on this season.

We all hope he comes good , that's the given the rest is a matter of debate

It wasn't a go at you, mate. You call it like you see it, good and bad. There are some other members who constantly post negativity. When we win, they go quiet. I wouldn't like to assume they are miserable sods who enjoy sharing their misery around but I would walk away from someone like that in the pub.

I don't always agree with you and tend to always try to support the players, it might make me a happy clapper but your comments are always well reasoned and appreciated.

BB I find forums strange places, one thing I do know is we all want the same thing, Villa to be successful. Problem with the written word is it doesn't always come across as it was meant.
Some football fans see any criticism of their beloved club as a personal attack on them and will defend its honour at all costs others will debate the good but ignore any issues that may cause offence.
Most will realise the need to debate the good the bad and the ugly.

Personally I never see the need to spin the good bits to me they are a given.
I've always worked in a job that requires continuous improvement and I bring this to me every day thinking.
To me, even a win can be improved on and our best player can always do something even better.
See to me I'm realistic with a very big Villa bias but to others, I'm negative because I'm never satisfied and dare criticise their beloved club which is obviously the best in the world.

That's why at the moment I see Wesley as a big lumbering lump just as everyone does really but some want to gloss over that and see potential because they have optimism or blind faith. If he played for another club I very much doubt there would be a queue of Villans wanting him at Villa based on this season.

We all hope he comes good , that's the given the rest is a matter of debate

Agree with a lot of this 57....but have to say there are a few posters who continually criticise, week in, week out. I'm all for genuine debate and will highlight positives and negatives but I find it difficult to get my head around the fact that some posters are critical of the club they 'support' in the majority of posts they make. To me, it's not at all balanced with some. I'm the first to admit being as biased as I am to all things claret n blue that I personally find it difficult to understand so much continued criticism with seemingly no regard towards anything remotely positive. They have every right of course to moan and be as pessimistic as they want about results, performances, players, management....as do I to defend what I perceive to be unfair criticism in post after post after post. After saying all that, most of the time there's great debate on here with a balanced range of views and arguments. All hail Vital Villa!

I doubt he'll be in the next one. Their coach has been forced to make around 8 changes from the last squad as the home based players are in the middle of a title run in and he was asked not to pick any of them. Same reason Douglas has made it
Realise that GGS but sure you can see the point I was trying to make. The lad is being lambasted by some for being worse than useless, yet selected for the Brazilian squad....slightly ironic. And yet Lewis Grabban would be an improvement....?
As they say, it's a funny old game!

It wasn't a go at you, mate. You call it like you see it, good and bad. There are some other members who constantly post negativity. When we win, they go quiet. I wouldn't like to assume they are miserable sods who enjoy sharing their misery around but I would walk away from someone like that in the pub.

I don't always agree with you and tend to always try to support the players, it might make me a happy clapper but your comments are always well reasoned and appreciated.

I know it wasn't a go at me mate, that's more than your life's worth:Fingers:

Realise that GGS but sure you can see the point I was trying to make. The lad is being lambasted by some for being worse than useless, yet selected for the Brazilian squad....slightly ironic. And yet Lewis Grabban would be an improvement....?
As they say, it's a funny old game!

Yeah, I agree it’s far too soon to write him off. We certainly need another forward though so that we can drop him when he’s in poor form. Everyone thought Angel and Bouma were crap in their first seasons, before coming good. Crouchy too and look how many goals he banged in after leaving

Yeah, I agree it’s far too soon to write him off. We certainly need another forward though so that we can drop him when he’s in poor form. Everyone thought Angel and Bouma were crap in their first seasons, before coming good. Crouchy too and look how many goals he banged in after leaving

Crouchy is the perfect analogy for Wesley. We kept booting the ball at his head and although he had great feet for a big man, he was terrible as a target man.

Crouchy is the perfect analogy for Wesley. We kept booting the ball at his head and although he had great feet for a big man, he was terrible as a target man.

I might have changed my mind about Wesley by the time he's netted 100 PL goals
I expect I'll be a Holte Ender in the Sky before that happens though

We are going to struggle to get decent players in on a permanent deal due to being serious contenders for relegation.

Need to look at some quality loans like we did in the chumps.

How many of our players are good enough for this league.

I would go for

Heaton
Guilbert
Engels
Mings
Nakamba
Grealish
McGinn

Which leaves us 4 light for a first 11.

We need to scrap the upcoming players and re-sign the Whelans and Huttons of the world it seems like then after today

?