The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

How many of our players are good enough for this league.

I would go for

Heaton
Guilbert
Engels
Mings
Nakamba
Grealish
McGinn

Which leaves us 4 light for a first 11.

If you looked through the teams of half a dozen other clubs in this league you would probably feel the same. How many players from the likes of Brighton, Newcastle, Watford, Southampton, Norwich, Bournemouth or Sheffield Utd would you be excited about us signing? Not many from any of them I would guess.

100% agreed on that. It's just that it was his worst game so far. He's set a high standard though so it's noticeable when the quality dips.

I think it's bit like Jack having a bad game he's still better than the rest on an offday

57 I think you might remember Dembele from his days at Fulham, where he ran out his contract as a 20 year old and moved on a free to Celtic. Two years later he moved to Lyon in a £20 million deal. He's still only 23.

57 I think you might remember Dembele from his days at Fulham, where he ran out his contract as a 20 year old and moved on a free to Celtic. Two years later he moved to Lyon in a £20 million deal. He's still only 23.

The gossip says that Utd and Everton want him for £40m. I don't know if that's true. Utd are rumoured to have already signed Haaland for January. Would we spend £40m on a striker? Would he come to us?

The gossip says that Utd and Everton want him for £40m. I don't know if that's true. Utd are rumoured to have already signed Haaland for January. Would we spend £40m on a striker? Would he come to us?

Hard to say, we can afford him no doubt about that but is he a disruptive figure, will he fit in etc. all these things we are now thankfully taking into account

Dembele is a good player, but I'm not sure we would be attractive enough to him at the moment. We are likely to be in a relegation battle this season so I couldnt see him taking the risk on that. If he did move there will be clubs in far better positions than us after him. £40m is not a lot to the majority of PL teams now.
Realistically I can only see us signing someone from the Championship or one of the lesser European leagues

If we build it he will come, (sorry for the film reference).
I'm sure Dean and Suso could sell the project to him.
Would we spend £40 mill on a striker? On the right striker why not. In today's game a good striker is worth his weight in gold. Dembele's scored goals where ever he's been.
Unlike Wesley he is a natural central striker.
He's a big lad, good in the air, with movement and the knack of attracting the ball to him in the area.
Wesley is more a wide on the left attacker, sort of halfway between a left winger and an old style inside left. That's the position he's scored the majority of his goals from, cutting inside. When he's played as a centre forward it's been as a stand-in because of injury, he, as I'm sure you'll have noticed, isn't that dominant in the air, which given his size is surprising.

While Dembele is a natural, Samatta, the other choice, has worked very hard to learn the art of goal scoring. He is more of an all across the front line player, even playing the second striker role, picking up second balls. Thinking about it, he'd probably score a bundle playing off someone like Keinan Davies.