The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Morelos is a very good player, in Scotland anyway but he's a complete lunatic who is incredibly easy to wind up. How many players get 5 reds in a career let alone one season? This isn't just a sign of him being a tough or spikey character. It's a sign that he's a violent but job.

There is no doubt about it, we need a good striker at this club, I'm not so sure about looking outside the UK for one, rather have someone who can handle the prem, even if that means we have to spend more. As mentioned on here, someone like Grabban. even though he's not proven in the prem, he has the knack of being in the right place at the right time. A good striker moves his arse to get in those goal scoring positions, i don't see that in our current no 1 striker and i will be watching him closely tomorrow to see what others see in him.

Morelos is a very good player, in Scotland anyway but he's a complete lunatic who is incredibly easy to wind up. How many players get 5 reds in a career let alone one season? This isn't just a sign of him being a tough or spikey character. It's a sign that he's a violent but job.

Last season I would have said the same, but it seems something may have finally clicked with him. He’s only got 1 yellow this season.

No way are we spending money on a 31 year old who has never done anything in the premier League.

There are 6 other strikers ahead of Grabban in the championship scoring charts .

Bizarre suggestion .

Last edited:
Wesley called into the Brazilian squad tonight....and some are suggesting Lewis Grabban would be better for us....:lol:
Right now, anybody that looks like a striker would be good for us, playing with 10 men is not what we need.

Why not? We have just spent 22 million on a younger player who's done nothing in the prem.

Please remind me what Lewis Grabban has done in the premier League? If anyone is unaware I looked it up. He's played 24 games and scored 1 goal. But now he's scored in a game that was on the telly this afternoon and he had half a dozen good games for us in the championship 18 months ago he's worth signing.

Wesley called into the Brazilian squad tonight....and some are suggesting Lewis Grabban would be better for us....:lol:

I doubt he'll be in the next one. Their coach has been forced to make around 8 changes from the last squad as the home based players are in the middle of a title run in and he was asked not to pick any of them. Same reason Douglas has made it

Yeah but what do those Brazilians know about football?.. What have they ever done ?.

Not having it . After only 11 games i am going with those who think he is shit and the Brazilians know fcuk all .

Get rid and get Grabban in .:rofl:

Last edited:
nothing like having the support of your own fans to help you adjust to playing and living in a new country sadly m8 you won't find that at villa. We love destroying players at our club, we have a history of it since the great interweb became available to our fanbase of secret managers who would clearly of had us winning the prem by now.
The same fans who said our last seasons top scorer would never make it in the prem as he was only fit for the championship.
I believe you will come good once we have settled down in this new league m8.
But if you read this forum you will know that if Smith loses 4 on the bounce, regardless of oppersition and how we are progressing, calls will be loud on here by many calling for him to be sacked.

nothing like having the support of your own fans to help you adjust to playing and living in a new country sadly m8 you won't find that at villa. We love destroying players at our club, we have a history of it since the great interweb became available to our fanbase of secret managers who would clearly of had us winning the prem by now.
The same fans who said our last seasons top scorer would never make it in the prem as he was only fit for the championship.
But if you read this forum you will know that if Smith loses 4 on the bounce, regardless of oppersition and how we are progressing, calls will be loud on here by many calling for him to be sacked.
?????
Christ, the lad is young and adapting to this league, give him a chance.

It's the wonderful thing about the internet, all voices are given equal weight regardless of the character or brain behind the voice.

If we were in the pub, the weirdo who keeps ranting about how much he hates Steve Bruce or how this and that player are shit would be rightly ignored. On a forum, we assume he's just like us.

BB I find forums strange places, one thing I do know is we all want the same thing, Villa to be successful. Problem with the written word is it doesn't always come across as it was meant.
Some football fans see any criticism of their beloved club as a personal attack on them and will defend its honour at all costs others will debate the good but ignore any issues that may cause offence.
Most will realise the need to debate the good the bad and the ugly.

Personally I never see the need to spin the good bits to me they are a given.
I've always worked in a job that requires continuous improvement and I bring this to me every day thinking.
To me, even a win can be improved on and our best player can always do something even better.
See to me I'm realistic with a very big Villa bias but to others, I'm negative because I'm never satisfied and dare criticise their beloved club which is obviously the best in the world.

That's why at the moment I see Wesley as a big lumbering lump just as everyone does really but some want to gloss over that and see potential because they have optimism or blind faith. If he played for another club I very much doubt there would be a queue of Villans wanting him at Villa based on this season.

We all hope he comes good , that's the given the rest is a matter of debate