The Official Grimsby Town Match Thread (Sponsored by a home fixture on 14th Feb "for all your Valentine's gift needs") | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Official Grimsby Town Match Thread (Sponsored by a home fixture on 14th Feb "for all your Valentine's gift needs")

Entertaining?
That was fucking dogshit

Macdonald needs to come off at half time. Truly awful performance from him.

Tutonda has had 2 good games and somehow managed to convince everyone he's a competent footballer despite the season and a half of shite that proceeded it

Morris needs to sort his kicking out too. Hasn't found Hawkins once.

Not sure if Lapslie has even touched the ball yet.

Somehow we've ended up even narrower than Saturday.

Looking like we had a 4 game 'blip' of good form and normal service has been resumed.
Lapslie had our best chance of the half and decided to pass it to no one rather than shoot himself.
Pretty poor from both teams, still too much long ball from us for my liking, doesn’t play to Lapslies strengths of having it on the ground and feeding balls through.

Really?

Certainly been frantic and very committed performance but it’s a terrible match.

I can’t recall us putting any passing sequences together except for the one opportunity on goal we had. Everyone’s touch has been poor - particularly Tutonda and MacDonald. Lapslie hasn’t been able to get his foot on the ball because he’s been put under a lot of pressure from Grimsby. Hawkins, for the first time since he signed, has been dominated by their CB. Nicholls has been feeding on scraps.

I’m hoping that we try and play some football this half. Grimsby are no mugs and could easily have had 2 goals that half.

Edit: passing accuracy is 50% according to iFollow. And zero shots on target from either side!
In my defence, I’ve had two glasses of Prosecco and two Spitfire Ales so maybe I have my rose tinted on 😂

i found it quite entertaining and open bearing in mind this is a lower half botttom division clash. I dont even mind the commentary when you are watching!

Maybe it is crap but actually knowing what the fk is going on makes it very enjoyable!

I’m hoping that we try and play some football this half. Grimsby are no mugs and could easily have had 2 goals that half.
!
That’s the line that Lloyd, forever the big upper of the other team, has been pumping all game. I know they had a good cup result last week, but other than that they are poor and have been average at best this half. Not sure where they could have had 2 goals from - they had one half chance wheee their bloke who should have already been sent off, blazed over from the edge of the box. Other than that, the best chance by a mile was lapslie deciding to square for Jefferies when he should have blazed home from 12 yards.

Now is the test of Harris - he’s got his players in. We’re playing a poor team who are unthreatening as are we - white Xmas we’d lose this 1-0 or maybe sneak a 1-0. If we get that 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1, it’ll be a start to redemption for Harris.

That’s the line that Lloyd, forever the big upper of the other team, has been pumping all game. I know they had a good cup result last week, but other than that they are poor and have been average at best this half. Not sure where they could have had 2 goals from - they had one half chance wheee their bloke who should have already been sent off, blazed over from the edge of the box. Other than that, the best chance by a mile was lapslie deciding to square for Jefferies when he should have blazed home from 12 yards.

Now is the test of Harris - he’s got his players in. We’re playing a poor team who are unthreatening as are we - white Xmas we’d lose this 1-0 or maybe sneak a 1-0. If we get that 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1, it’ll be a start to redemption for Harris.

I don’t think Grimsby are as poor as you are making them out to be, settle for a win tonight regardless of how the ball goes into the net.

better second half required