The Official Grimsby Town Match Thread (Sponsored by a home fixture on 14th Feb "for all your Valentine's gift needs") | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Grimsby Town Match Thread (Sponsored by a home fixture on 14th Feb "for all your Valentine's gift needs")

An absolute stonewall red card - no doubt that it’s violent conduct. The fact that even Lloyd said it was an “orange card” speaks volumes!

Jet lagged as f#ck but after being abroad for Crawley and Mansfield it's great to be back for a floodlight football fix. Tough game (as they all will be now) but a win should finally squeak us out of the sphincter of the bottom 2.

ooh, someone’s been overseas 😉

Let’s home we come out stronger in the second half (which has been us of late) over run at times but pretty much even so far

Pretty good entertaining half.
We will win this second half

Really?

Certainly been frantic and very committed performance but it’s a terrible match.

I can’t recall us putting any passing sequences together except for the one opportunity on goal we had. Everyone’s touch has been poor - particularly Tutonda and MacDonald. Lapslie hasn’t been able to get his foot on the ball because he’s been put under a lot of pressure from Grimsby. Hawkins, for the first time since he signed, has been dominated by their CB. Nicholls has been feeding on scraps.

I’m hoping that we try and play some football this half. Grimsby are no mugs and could easily have had 2 goals that half.

Edit: passing accuracy is 50% according to iFollow. And zero shots on target from either side!

Despite the recent investment and obvious improvement, we still look slower and narrower than all the sides I’ve seen is play against (which is strange as teams do still run right through the middle of us!). However, we are competing and are very much in it. Grimsby will say the same though.

I was hoping to go today but flat out at work trying to make things happen and then couldn’t face sitting in traffic on the A2 to get to the ground in time for kick off.

What’s the attendance like?

MacDonald has to be taken off at half time.
Dunno TB, I think Dieng has been pretty anonymous and would replace him first from the midfield. But I feel a talking to at HT then 10 minutes to assess if it’s made any difference before any changes.
Dave seems to has gone back to his pre-Galinson ineptness.....

Pretty good entertaining half.
We will win this second half

Entertaining?
That was fucking dogshit

Macdonald needs to come off at half time. Truly awful performance from him.

Tutonda has had 2 good games and somehow managed to convince everyone he's a competent footballer despite the season and a half of shite that proceeded it

Morris needs to sort his kicking out too. Hasn't found Hawkins once.

Not sure if Lapslie has even touched the ball yet.

Somehow we've ended up even narrower than Saturday.

Looking like we had a 4 game 'blip' of good form and normal service has been resumed.