The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 550 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports Smith will sign Hourihane in January. Seems he's been reflecting on previous mistakes.
7SNI.gif

Yes, 100% consistent regardless of any reflection in reality.

We sacked him and you're complaining he took a job elsewhere. Absolutely deranged.

Well it sort of ruins his argument that Deano would never get another job in the PL, even if that spell is short lived.

Norwich will be my second team this season now! Well done Deano!

It was sadly time to go, but I'm grateful for the good times at VP. It was great having a Villa fan as manager, it no doubt created a bond with most of us other managers could never have, but the fact he was such a classy bloke to go with it means I'll always wish him nothing but good fortune, apart from when he's in the opposition dugout, of course!

The more and more I think about it, I just think DS had started to carry a lot of baggage towards the end of his reign which perhaps made it impossible (or at least very difficult) for him to turn it around.

All the stuff like his record without Jack, trying to move Watkins to another position, pre-season, I think all took it's toll on him and it just needed someone to come in with a clean slate who didn't have to think about all this stuff.

The more and more I think about it, I just think DS had started to carry a lot of baggage towards the end of his reign which perhaps made it impossible (or at least very difficult) for him to turn it around.

All the stuff like his record without Jack, trying to move Watkins to another position, pre-season, I think all took it's toll on him and it just needed someone to come in with a clean slate who didn't have to think about all this stuff.
As Keynes said, "in the long run we're all dead", the lifespan of your average premier league manager is a couple of seasons before it seems to go a bit pear shaped. Smith couldn't turn it around and that's all she wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.