The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 549 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only pathetic thing here is your obsession with turning everything negative about him up to eleven. Zero credibility at this point. Embarrassing stuff.
My feeling towards you are mutual. Your opinion isn't correct just because it's your opinion. You never had any credibility anyway though

Sil I do think the Bruce and Hourihane issues are clouding your ability to be objective. I don't mind you think he is a piss poor manager plenty here do and thats a fair enough opinion. What I do think you do is take the negatives into delusional territory. I don't think too many posters are taking you seriously at this stage. Hence why some of your posts get rag-dolled.

Sil I do think the Bruce and Hourihane issues are clouding your ability to be objective. I don't mind you think he is a piss poor manager plenty here do and thats a fair enough opinion. What I do think you do is take the negatives into delusional territory. I don't think too many posters are taking you seriously at this stage. Hence why some of your posts get rag-dolled.
Genuinely and I mean this honestly, I don't care what you or others think.
I have been 100% consistent with my criticism of Smith in 2021 , awful form. All arguments against that carry no weight. As for Bruce and Hourihane? No relevance whatsoever

Genuinely and I mean this honestly, I don't care what you or others think.
I have been 100% consistent with my criticism of Smith in 2021 , awful form. All arguments against that carry no weight. As for Bruce and Hourihane? No relevance whatsoever
Yes, 100% consistent regardless of any reflection in reality.

We sacked him and you're complaining he took a job elsewhere. Absolutely deranged.

Think this thread has gone a bit awry.

Dean Smith did a good job at Aston Villa. He had his limitations and couldn't quite get the consistency required to push us towards Europe. Result this year (calendar year) have been nothing to write home about which resulted in Aston Villa football club going in a different direction. He did manage one or two fantastic results during that time as well.

Everyone is correct in all their assertions. He's now got another management job - good luck to the guy. I know some of his extended family and they are great people, I couldn't and wouldn't wish anything but continued success and a long career in football management to him. He is one of the nice guys and I am sad it didn't quite happen for him at Villa.

I notice that those who have a low opinion of Smith are the ones who make up silly nicknames for other members and make up bizarre things like suggesting those who say anything vaguely positive about Smith want him canonised.

Good grief . Grown adults as well.
Think you missed SirDen's great sense of humour there Melon. I believe it was ironic but maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong. :ROFLMAO:

What annoys me about Smith's sacking is that every single pundit I've read says us fans and the hierarchy are deluded for sacking him just because we lost 5 games running.
Certainly on my part, that had very little to do with it.
I think they've all missed or even ignored the fact that we've lost more games in the Premier league than any other club, being equal bottom with Norwich, who look odds on to go down.

That, plus everything seemed to be going wrong and the trend just seemed massively downward, with it looking like Smith wouldn't have been able to turn it around.

Our next few games are going to be incredibly difficult as it is and if we do get a new manager bounce, it might be what keeps us up this season, imo.

Pointing out Dean Smith achieved his remit in each of his three seasons is difficult to argue against I’d have thought but I notice that, in conjunction with a few other posts, it’s lead to accusations of ‘hero worship’ and ‘pathetic adulation’. It’s neither. I was just pointing out a fact but I guess it’s difficult to accept a fact like that if all you want to do is point out what’s gone wrong at the club since Dean Smith arrived. I’d argue a ‘supporter’ having that kind of mentality is more pathetic tbh but each to their own.
I see Steve Gerrard has praised the job done by Dean Smith today but suggested he wouldn’t be with us if everything was rosy! A balanced point of view, recognising we’ve work to do but not just writing Dean Smith off and completely ignoring what he’s achieved. I like him already….very astute, agreeing with the majority on Vital is always a good starting point!

Status
Not open for further replies.