The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 529 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sad that DS has been sacked. He is a decent bloke and always wanted the best for our club. I am convinced the Greedy Chav does not come out of this untarnished - he downed tools in the second half of last season having been tapped up by Abu Dhabi and the fall out of his move this season has rumbked on. The signings this season have not really worked out and it as if it became a 'perfect storm' with injuries, international breaks and poor form. There are poor vibes from behind the scenes with JT and RO'K.
Dean did a great job and the memories will remain with true Villa fans. I hope that he gets another job when he is ready - he might he tempted to get over this episode by going Stateside with his son. But when he does rock up at Villa Park again he will get a warm welcome - unlike the arsehole who was complicit in his demise.

I can only comment on Instagram as I’m not on the other socials, but the player tributes - or lack of them - is a strange one. Mings, Cash, Ramsey and Luiz are the only ones I’ve seen.

Not that these things need to always be done publicly, but with the amount of times I see videos of fucking Salt Bae you would’ve thought a thanks to Smith would come from some of the players he improved.

Unfortunately without grealish we are pretty poor , that's all backed up by stats . Blame who you want for him leaving - his dad, his agent, the player himself, whoever agreed to such a low buy out clause. BUT the club and management did not come up with a workable solution to life without him. Taking long throws isn't the answer. The club were also weak while he was here allowing his lockdown chav antics to go unpunished it was an example of total indiscipline at the club , maybe a glimpse into how things are at the club . Something is far from right that's for sure

No complaints he’s been sacked and once the dust has settled I’m sure being the decent bloke he is, he’ll recognise that ultimately results in 2021 were his undoing. But I find your dismissive post pretty pathetic tbh.
Some of the posts on here are a bit churlish, can fully understand people who didn't like him wanting him gone, but there seems an attempt to rewrite history, and airbrush out the good stuff.
Shame.

I can only comment on Instagram as I’m not on the other socials, but the player tributes - or lack of them - is a strange one. Mings, Cash, Ramsey and Luiz are the only ones I’ve seen.

Not that these things need to always be done publicly, but with the amount of times I see videos of fucking Salt Bae you would’ve thought a thanks to Smith would come from some of the players he improved.
Not o mention the ones he stuck his neck out for week in week out despite them playing shit, I'm thinking Ollie Watkins, SJM

Yeah, I didn’t find any of them particularly heartfelt either.
I guess we’ll never know, but things don’t seem to be harmonious behind the scenes

Wonder how many of this seasons transfers were Dean's choice- was ings bought just as a smoke screen in the grealish transfer or did smith want him to be a part of a formation that he hadn't used before? was smith-Rowe his choice instead of buendia? Was ward- prowse his choice? Did they rumble on because they weren't part of purslows plans? Was he sold down the river?

Unfortunately without grealish we are pretty poor , that's all backed up by stats . Blame who you want for him leaving - his dad, his agent, the player himself, whoever agreed to such a low buy out clause. BUT the club and management did not come up with a workable solution to life without him. Taking long throws isn't the answer. The club were also weak while he was here allowing his lockdown chav antics to go unpunished it was an example of total indiscipline at the club , maybe a glimpse into how things are at the club . Something is far from right that's for sure
Low buyout clause for YKW???? Really, not showing he's worth anywhere near what we got for him, sub yesterday in a massive game, & didn't come on. I think we had them over, unfortunately, Norwich did similar to us with that waste of space Argentinian duffer!!!

I've seen Steer, Targett, Archer put stuff up on twitter. Freddy Guibert posted something that people took to be taking the piss but was actually concerning something to do with Strasbourg.

We could not afford to lose him though so the figure was far too low
Get your point to a degree, but, he missed 1 in 4 games, we were overly reliant on him & if we had spent wisely, we would have been better without him. We may have gone backwards since he left, but, he absolutely has & I for one, never want him back. You make your bed ..........................

Not o mention the ones he stuck his neck out for week in week out despite them playing shit, I'm thinking Ollie Watkins, SJM

Tbf I don’t think Ollie Watkins is on social media….what a sensible boy! And I should imagine knowing SJM‘s character he’ll show his appreciation for Dean when he feels the time is right. Think if I was a player today I wouldn’t be anywhere near social media tbh.

Showing loyalty to players like Watkins and McGinn has contributed to him losing his job. It's sad really. Smith's "bad" management isn't causing Watkins to not be able to control a football and show any strength on the ball. That's on Watkins. Players, as always, get away with it in this game.

Some of the posts on here are a bit churlish, can fully understand people who didn't like him wanting him gone, but there seems an attempt to rewrite history, and airbrush out the good stuff.
Shame.
I wanted to post something similar to this but didn't bother before. It's one thing to want him out, that's fair enough. But to actively seek to erase all of Smith's achievements is fucking moronic. Honestly some of those posts are an embarrassing read.

Status
Not open for further replies.