The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 400 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, many fans don't seem to get that only Jack and SJM were good enough for the PL when we came up, an entire team had to be bought including Anwar and Mings who were not even our players. Players out of contract left us with nothing except the likes of Taylor Elmo Lansbury Steer Chester and Hourihane proper average championship plodders.
The more I think about it the more amazed I am we never did a "fulham"
we did do a fulham but we got very very lucky that someone didnt do there job when it came to setting up goal line tec and i think if we never had grealish in our team when we did we would be down there again

Just to dispel the myth yet again , the goal line incident wasn't the reason we stayed up.

Are you sure. I'm almost certain entire season ended after that 1 moment that meant Watford and Bournemouth had no chances to get the extra point or so they needed. I'm also sure that for that one game the golden goal rule was being implemented so Sheffield utd would have instantly won with that 1 goal scored before halftime.

so had the goal line tec worked as it should have us and bournemouth would have had 34 points and they would have had a better goal difference hence we got very very lucky

so had the goal line tec worked as it should have us and bournemouth would have had 34 points and they would have had a better goal difference hence we got very very lucky

I'm pretty sure everyone understands what you're saying but games of football are 90 minutes long. The incident in question happened before half time. Basically you have to completely discount beyond all possibility the chance that we could have equalised or even been spurred on to win the game.

Well they didnt award us a pretty clear penalty not long after that event, so I guess the ref evened things up.

Well they didnt award us a pretty clear penalty not long after that event, so I guess the ref evened things up.

Lets not forget the Palace away robbery. Jack hacked at, manages to pass to Lansbury just before he's hacked down completely, Lansbury scores only for Jack to be booked for diving. Let's add that point on shall we. Then its even and we stay up.

And the Silva goal away at man city this season. The decision so bad they actually ordered other refs not to make the same call ever again.

im pretty sure we only stayed up by a point and it was the point we got from the 0-0 where it should have been 0-1

Well you have no idea how the game would have panned out.

Also if all the VAR decisions we were involved in last season had been given correctly we would have had 3 more points so that would have comfortably kept us up.

I like Dean Smith and think he's done wonders considering the progress he's made in the time he's been here. I'm not surprised in the least we don't have consistency yet, as it's difficult to hold onto your gains when you expand so quickly - ask The Romans, Napoleon, Hitler, etc.

I hope he's given all of next season and, short of relegation or a massive and obvious regression, the start of the season after that as well.

Now THAT'S how to be on topic.

I like Dean Smith and think he's done wonders considering the progress he's made in the time he's been here. I'm not surprised in the least we don't have consistency yet, as it's difficult to hold onto your gains when you expand so quickly - ask The Romans, Napoleon, Hitler, etc.

I hope he's given all of next season and, short of relegation or a massive and obvious regression, the start of the season after that as well.

Now THAT'S how to be on topic.
:clap::clap::clap:

And we all know what happened to the Roman Empire and Napoleon and Hitler . Terrible analogy in fact.
Unless Smith can arrest and turn around the current decline he's living dangerously. I think he will be assessed after 10 games next season, perhaps before.

Status
Not open for further replies.